Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Interior Light Lamps ?

steady eddy

Can anyone tell what type of lamps fit the 2 light that are just above the rearveiw mirror ? As I'm looking to fit some led replacements.

Thanks

I just went down and took mine out to check and it says P35 on it. Googling reveals nothing that looks the same, however. It's a tiny little push-in bulb. My manual (which is in Turkish) doesn't give a model, merely says "wedge ended bulb" (after translation).

I suspect it might be this style but not sure yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/6000K-XENON-WHITE-42LED-BACK-UP-LIGHT-BULBS-REVERSE-SUPER-WHITE-XENON-/330753083978?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d026b8a4a&vxp=mtr

It might be a "T10" bulb?

edit: Fairly confident in the T10. Seem to be two major types, SMD and traditional dome-head LEDs. The dome ones are likely to be crap.

Some I've looked at on ebay:

$(KGrHqN,!nsFItNGZHN+BSS((D!)qw~~60_12.J

Crappy 'standard' LEDs. Ignore the blue, available in white (and red, green, if you're into that kind of thing...)

$(KGrHqZ,!hQE9uKkj(2zBPmhIpKIm!~~60_12.J

Nice compact design. Looks like a USB thumbdrive! There's also a 6-led version. However, LEDs only on one side, and the bulbs will only work one way around. Possibility that the LEDs will end up pointing the wrong way.

$(KGrHqR,!lQE4lQLrciiBORqe5jWvw~~_12.JPG

These look too big too fit, unfortunately.

$T2eC16Z,!)cE9s4PudvOBS!1Z!4Uw!~~60_12.J

These are a nice compact design. Looks bright in the pic, but then I'd make sure the pic looked bright if I was selling them...

$(KGrHqV,!rUFHNmJOmPUBRzqdiN+0!~~60_12.J

These look pretty good to me, light is 'downwards' and very compact. Although will it be too downwardly-focused? And in the back, the lights need to shine out of the sides.

$(KGrHqN,!nUFJlnh2fH(BS,509C)-!~~60_12.J

Single big LED, I think. Nice small size, should fit comfortably.

$(KGrHqQOKp0FIoKUlFI9BSLYfzRjKg~~60_12.J

This one is a CREE, see note below. I think a bad idea.

All found with an eBay search for "car interior wedge LED", then "t10 LED", then "t10 CREE" just for fun...

T10 CREE lamps are sold for reversing lights. Would be insanely bright I imagine, probably too bright to be used even as reversing lamps. The one above also markets itself as canbus "safe". I don't imagine the roof lights are hooked up to any warnings (which, with my tiny amount of research, is what I have ascertained the canbus system is used for), are they?

edit 2: Speed_Chaser's excellent thread confirms that the old-shape Auris used T10 for the dome lights, which helps my confidence that it's the correct bulb. I have to assume the mid-roof lights use T10 as well in the new shape, since the lighting rig looks identical to the front one. I will check if they are the same.

As you can probably tell I was intending to change the bulbs too, so it's convenient that we started on the same quest at the same time.

edit 3: can confirm that all the central line roof lights are T10-style. The lights for the mirrors are the double ended kind, C5W. I suspect the boot light is the C5W, but I can't get the cover off (feels like I'm gonna break it!!)

$(KGrHqR,!lwFJYfZWvn9BSWj206Ui!~~60_12.J