Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Led Lighting.

Clip

So this is my Aygo with Blue LED's fitted in the sidelights. Simple and quick to do - http://instagram.com/p/cKd5tGqYFB/

I think it looks awesome and the angle I took it at makes it look super mean (well. I think so)

Anyway I've got some 250 lumin ones on order in white which will possibly look AMAZING.

(I'll update the thread when I get them + post link if they're good)

What do you guys think?

Also thinking of putting lights in the foot wells because I'm forever loosing stuff in them. Seems relatively straight forward to do with a switch, off the CIG leads?

Hope you guys like the picture.

Looks good, I did the same with mine and I also installed LED brake / rear lights as well.

They are much brighter than standard bulbs and will last longer as well.

I used the same bulb from the sidelights in the interior light which gives you double the light.

I added a delay as well so I have 10 seconds after I close my door which gives me time to put on the seat belt and get ready before it goes dark

Yeah I saw one on the 107 blog. That'd be something I'll do too.

Have you got a picture of the rear lights sorta before and after?

Unfortunately not, but I can tell you that I also did it with my previous Blue and it sailed through two MOT's with no problems.

Didn't even think about the MOT. I've also got some lens kits for the headlights that'll give it the darker look without sacrificing the light output as its actually not a solid tint but honey comb with holes in. Should look ace.

Wow you can tell I'm tired, I just read that back to myself.

You get what I mean though.

as long as the lights have reflectors in them they will pass the mot if they dont have reflectors then you will need to add some on the rear end

sorry my reply is to raistlin's post about rear lights not fronts

Lol, I did wonder why I'd need reflectors on front lights. Haha. :) Anyone used the fly eye things?

You have to be careful of the amount of light reduction, some MOT depots won't pass them.

It said 100% legal so I'd assume they're fine, will fit and swing around a friends garage and ask. If they are then it's a cool little mod that (potentially) will look cool for little money.

The blue front sidelights are well illegal anyway so may as well go ahead with whatever else you have planned! Traffic units are hammering anything round here showing blue lighting on the front now, it's been going on a long time by the boy racers and the old bill have finally had a sense of humour failure. Literally within a week I've seen a massive reduction in the cars using them and a lot of drivers are now a little lighter in the wallet.

Forgot to add that I was looking to convert all my side/brake lights to LED too but hit a brick wall with the stop/tails. All the LED ones I have seen have massive issues with the light output difference between the stop and side (not enough of a change in intensity) and many sellers have stopped selling them now because of this. Theres a few good demos on youtube of the problem. They might pass the MOT as intensity isn't currently tested but if you (for example) were involved in a fatal because someone didn't clock the change between side and brake being activated then the poo would really hit the spinning thing. And yes, in fatals or life changing RTC's the police will pull every single piece of your car apart to check for defects/causes of the RTC. If it's not E marked....

So in short I have left the idea until someone comes up with some decent LED stop/tails.

I use these side lights which are brighter and more importantly road legal :thumbsup:

I also use one of these in my interior light as well.

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product/philips-blue-vision-w5w-501-sidelight-bulbs-twin-pack

Just found a set of road legal Stop LED lights.

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/380-Super-Bright-60-LED-Bulb.html

I've got some white CRE LED's on order as we speak for that exact reason. Took them out. They're kicking out 250 lumins which is very bright.

Hmm. The autobulb ones dont fill me with confidence. One of the reviewers themselves quotes "Much brighter tail lamp and similar intensity brake lamp."

Similar intensity is exactly what I dont want. Until the suppliers state lumens for both the side and stop, I will be staying away.

The 'specifications' column for the product in question is somewhat confusing to the uninitiated.

I believe that the text you are referring to as 'Road legal' is in the context of a question rather than a statement. This is clearly demonstrated in another product from the same company:

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/380-P21-5W-Stop-and-Tail-replacement-bulb-RED.html

to the right of the 'Road legal' comment is the statement 'Yes'. Unsurprisingly it is followed by the comment 'E marked'.

Therefore, unless the company has made an error on the LED stop/tail page, they are most certainly not road legal and by default will not be E marked either.

Heres a good demo of the problem with LED stop/tail lights. I'm not saying that all manufacturers are the same but there is an issue with the majority that I am not happy with.

I'm not trying to simply !Removed! about LED lights, I love them, but stop/tails are so important what with the myopic idiots we have on our roads that until I find some E marked ones I'm sticking with standard.

LED lights are brighter and react faster therefore should be safer...

You pays your money and takes your chances ;)

Joking aside, I'm not saying that they aren't brighter overall, but if Mrs Miggins can't see the difference in the transition from a side light to a stop light then you've just been rear ended. If it goes multiple/fatal and it's proven that your lights were the cause then you could be looking at doing bird just for some fancy lights. The difference in reaction times between LED's and filaments (a moot point IMO anyway) is utterly useless in the example given.