Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Egr

BigMo82

I am confused on if the 1AZ-FSE actually had an EGR or not. I know most petrol cars have never had them but could anyone kindly confirm what this part number is 25620-28100?

Mo

Thanks for the reply Thermal. As far as I am aware that EGR part number is for the 1AZ-FSE but I can't figure out where it's located?

Mo

Sorry, I have no idea what it looks like or where on the 1AZ-FSE engine it is located.

My current T27 Avensis doesn't have one and the T25 documentation only mentions that a 1AZ-FSE has an EGR, but not where to find it. :disgust:

There must be plenty 1AZ-FSE owners here who can shine a light on that.

The parts vendors where I entered the 25620-28100/28101 part number all list them with "no picture available yet".

Good luck.

Hi Mo,

I have searched ToyoDIY (great for checking parts) and the part numbers are for Japanese market vehicles.

Look for a pipe coming from the exhaust manifold, follow it around the engine (gearbox side) to the inlet side, where the EGR valve is located.

Personally I don't think you have one.

Take a few photos of your engine and post them. The exhaust manifold, engine(gearbox side), and the inlet side.

Konrad

Thanks for the reply Konrad. Would I be right in thinking the gearbox is on the same side as air filter?

Mo

Hi again Mo.

Yes. They are both on the same side.

Wait you are not concerned about the smoke coming out of the exhaust?

Is there another reason why you are looking for the EGR.

Konrad

You remembered the smoke! Lol

No I'm sure the smoke and rough idle is related to something else which I will eventually get to the bottom of.... hopefully!

I get a little hesitation when accelerating and when I had this with my Astra I cleaned the EGR so I thought if my cars got one it's worth a go.

Mo

Hi Mo,

Yes I remembered.

Induction and vacuum leaks. Air filter. Maf?

The oil quality and level helps the vvti. Make sure all connections are good.

Check your spark plugs.

Injectors - I don't know if additives would help since your car has direct injection. Fuel quality.

All are general things plus a service if due.

Yes the fault is similar to an EGR fault, but you don't have an EGR unless you show photos to prove me wrong.

Konrad

Konrad thanks for the reply mate. I changed the air filter about 5000 miles ago but the car has had this issue before and after changing the air filter. I also had a garage smoke test it to check for any leaks in the air system and although they found 2 they were only very minor and having tightened the offending areas with jubille clips has made no difference to the condition. I have removed and cleaned the maf with electrical cleaner and it has made no difference and have even put through a can of BG44K.

If I had a faulty injector I would guess I would have a sooty spark plug but all 4 of my spark plugs look almost evenly black which means something is causing the car to run rich. It is obviously more obvious before it reaches normal temperature as I guess the cold start map makes the car run a richer mix?

Mo

Hi Mo,

You have done everything possible.

Have you pulled the EFI fuse or disconnect the Battery for at least a minute. This should put the ECU basic settings, and then it relearns. Waqar tried that with his car, but the ECU went back to Map that was causing his pre-detonation. You may be more fortunate. Waqar is very clued up and has used a diagnostic system with live data. Have you tried this? Also what are the emission results from your most recent MOT test like.

If I remember, you was going to or changed the O2 censors. This is where the live data may come in handy.

What is your fuel consumption like?

Konrad

I havent tried the live data software myself but have given it to 2 different garages where one of them told me the live data was fine and the other told me that he believed the catalytic converter wasnt working. I was surprised because surely if the cat was dead or working below its normal efficiency I am sure the eml would have flagged this. I have changed 2 of the O2 sensors and have not had any eml's regarding these since.

I havent checked my emmisions from my mot but will do tomorrow. Oh and I have already tried disconnecting the Battery several times but again not had any luck with this. I was looking at buying techstream and using it with a laptop but im not sure how easy it is to setup and use.

Mo

I havent tried the live data software myself but have given it to 2 different garages where one of them told me the live data was fine and the other told me that he believed the catalytic converter wasnt working. I was surprised because surely if the cat was dead or working below its normal efficiency I am sure the eml would have flagged this. I have changed 2 of the O2 sensors and have not had any eml's regarding these since.

I havent checked my emmisions from my mot but will do tomorrow. Oh and I have already tried disconnecting the battery several times but again not had any luck with this. I was looking at buying techstream and using it with a laptop but im not sure how easy it is to setup and use.

Mo

As I said before, Waqar is a computer expert and probably know how to set the system up. He is away at the moment. Why don't you PM him.

Konrad

Thanks I have sent Waqar a PM. Konrad do you know if a bad coolant temperature sensor could be causing the car to run rich?

Mo

It is possible for the coolant temperature to give a false reading to the ECU. Also the air inlet temperature sensor could be doing the same to a lesser degree.

Konrad

The air inlet sensor is part of the Maf isnt it?

Mo

The air inlet sensor is part of the Maf isnt it?

Mo

Mo. You are correct. My car has the air temperature sensor in the air filter box. A different set up.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links