Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil Change T25

Eightball

Hi

I have bought the oil, the new plug and screw and new filter from toyota to chang my oil.

It is a 2.2-litre D-4D 2AD-FTV 110 kW (148 hp) (think this is the right code, amazingly I had to get this off wikipedia as there doesn't appear to be any hint of the code in the car, and bizzarly no Haynes manual.)

Crawled underneath, found an access hatch for the oil filter. It doesn't seem to be a normal filter and requires a special tool. Does anyone know what I need to get, and what the procedure is for changing this all out?

Thanks

If I remember correctly its a 64.5 oil filter cap socket that is made by lazor! At work so can't check! But if you contact a very fine mod on here "Anch's" (Don) he will prob be able to give you a better idea than me. 👌🚙💨

The Laser 5176 could well fit. Just hope that whoever fitted the cover last didn't torque it up too much. The correct torque is possibly moulded onto the cover.

I am struggling to understand what "blue print" is. Do they make tools, why are they so expensive and rare? And why would I buy that over a lazer or draper one?

Blue print is not a manufacturer, just sells car parts ans tools under this brand.

Blueprint started out as the parts operation for the UK importers of Mazda. It was later spun off & widened it's remit to parts for other brands. It's now owned by Bilstein group.

• Like 1

I don't thing you need this tool. When you buy new filter, in the box usually there are two O rings and small plastic tool similar to this for drain (without pipe).

The plastic tool is to drain the oil from the bottom on the filter housing after you've removed the bolt. You don't need to do this if its rounded off as most of them do! You can use any soft strapped filter wrench to remove the housing! Just be prepared for the excess oil to run out that's in the canister! Simple job really 👏