Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Roof Rails Gutter/slider Trim Thing

davef2901

Can you tell I don't know what to call it? The trim that runs along the roof in the gutter I suppose for the roof rails on my wife's 3 dr NRG auto has the windscreen end snapped off. Anyone got a parts list I could have a look at, or should I just black silicone it down(carefully shaped)?

Never noticed it but there's wax residue on the broken bit so I waxed the car with my eyes closed!

Has it happened to anyone else?

Ta's muchly, Dave

If it's the flexy plastic insert, just ahead of the roof rails and before the windscreen, ours was lifted out by the wind. This chunky 'rubber' insert is held in place by adhesive (originally just two blobs - yet another piece of wonderful trim build!)

Just glue down with silicone go, or evostik.

Chris

• Like 1

Thanks guys. Yep Chris, got it in 1, exactly the same part, shame a bit has snapped off. Think I'll be using good old fashioned silicone to form a replacement.

Thanks again!

If this is whit I think it is, and causes a space of missing rubbery trim at very top and sides of windscreen, I managed to cure this on wife's (car......). I used a rubber extrusion which is actually meant for chip and scratch protection on door edges and wheel arches. Worked a treat and sealed down with mastic even reduced some windnoise whistle. Got plenty left if ye need some, David.......post up a phoaty if ye wish.........may not be whit ye need.

Or is it the actual rubber dods that cover the roof rail mounting holes that Anchs has postified above. Got some of them too, as fitted own Toyota Roof rails?

Thanks Kev, I think I've sorted it with evostik. The broken end allowed the trim to slide back under the roof rails mount. I just slid it forward onto a part cured blob of evostik contact adhesive and held it for a few minutes, jobbed! Up to 85mph anyway!!

• Like 1