Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking Sensors

Colspur66

Can anyone tell me where the fuse for factory fitted parking sensors be on a 56 plate T180?

Thanks

there should be an inline fuse for the sensor controll box, this will be in the boot and fed from the reverse light circut so you may have to do some detection work to find where they have hidden the box, most likly behind a side panel, if the sensors are not working also check that the reverse lights are working as this is where the sensors get their power from.

Some rear parking sensor systems have a switch to disable them - so if the sensors aren't working, check in the boot for a switch (sometimes placed behind the boot lining near the reversing light).

Mine wasn't working on mine dispite toggling the switch, but as soon as I changed the gear box oil they started to work! Strange!!! Been fine ever since🚔

Thanks for help guys. I have found the little black box behind the trim in the boot above the wheel arch, doesn't appear to be a switch anywhere. The reversing lights work ok. Do I need to try to open the box? Behind the trim on the other wheel arch is what appears to be the bleeper, could this be faulty?

The switch is on the passenger side under the boot floor! It's a small black button if memory serves me right.🔧

Hello, Colspur. Make sure all the wires are pushed in properly on that black box above the nearside wheel arch. My sensors had stopped until I pushed the wires back in.

Rob

Did some investigating today but not really any wiser. All connections at the box seem ok, couldn't find any sign of a fuse any where or an isolating switch. I had all the boot floor lining out and the trim panels on the side. What next??????

• 1 month later...

I recently bought a 58 T180. The parking sensors on it seem to work ok most of the time, but sometimes (usually when its really wet or frosty outside) they make a noise as soon as I engage reverse as if something's behind the car, when there isn't. Is this a common fault? As I had a similar issue with an older Lexus I had. If so, is there anything I can do to fix the problem?

it should make a single bleep when you engage reverse.

Do you mean that it's making a continuous noise beyond that?

I had that, I found the box was damp so I dried it off then gave it a squirt of silicon water repellent and wrapped in in cling film.

Put the panel back and have not had a moments trouble since... ;)

• Like 1

Yes continuous beep. Thanks for the advice, will give it a go.

Raistlin can you please advise what silicon water repellent you used. Most of the ones I've seen are for clothes, they don't say if they can be used with electronics.

Raistlin can you please advise where the box is that you sprayed the silicone water repellent? Many thanks

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links