Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recommended Parking Sensors

kimbos

I have just bought the rav4 and I want to get some colour coded rear parking sensors, can anyone recommend any and do toyota sell them separately or do you have to have them fitted as well.

Thanks

Kim

I think most on here would recommend the Toyota ones, you can buy them separately, have a word with a member called Pie-king sorry that's Parts-King he will be along shortly I'm sure - IIRC these come primed and you need to have them sprayed the correct colour.

oh and welcome to the madhouse, just watch out for our resident comedian - Big Kev :) (he does talk sense sometimes.....)

Gus

Thanks Gust no doubt he will put in an appearance soon, if not I will send a message as soon asI get use to using the forum.

I'm over here <<<<<<

Just send me a PM with your reg number (so I can get the colour code)

Kingo :thumbsup:

PS Gust.....I'm gonna get you at playtime :bangin::chair::gun_bandana:

I think you will be pleasantly surprised at the price of official RBB (Reversey Beep Beeps.....), Kim, and deffo beware stray beeping cheapos. As far as fitting them yourself, it involves accurate bumper drilling, removal of bumper, and piggying into wiring.

I let Anchorman and shcm do mine as a special favour to them to get their tools dirty. It is a wee bit involved for a total novice to do IMHSO.

DRILLING TEMPLATES are downloadable from the splinternet, but always check you have printed them off to correct size by using scale ruler......selecting "print at 75%" rings a bell. Computers fgs......

VERY IMPORTANT is if you have a rear bumper protector, plastic or otherwise, you must drop the centres down of the two middle sensors by exactly 10mm (12mm to be ultra safe......) or your reversing sensor will clip it and not sit flush.

See me.....? What a Techy Guy........and model and year dependant, they even come aw sprayed up to your vehicular hue......!!!

• Like 1

Nope you won't cos I have the perfect torture for you Kingo - I am visiting the Ginsters factory next week.... HAHA :)

Thanks Kevin I am a plumber/heating engineer and I always cringe when I have to drill holes for the taps in a bath so I dont want to mess up the bumper. I will leave it to those in the know

Thanks

• Like 1

Nope you won't cos I have the perfect torture for you Kingo - I am visiting the Ginsters factory next week.... HAHA :)

Ginsters?? They only sell pastry pies......no filling :lol: You need to come oop norf Gust, I will show you a proper pie :lol:

Disnae matter.......Kingo will still give ye a pastrying.......play on words there.....

Kim........I did the drilling using the tempates (just like a wee Carron sink), so believe me, you should be well up for it.

I even dismantlified and had ready the back bumper for oor mechanics hereon to do the wirey bits. Like most plumbers, I am not at ma best on the wirey bits.......household ring mains, not a problem.......cars are a bloody mystery.

Awribest on surgification recovery........Kingo the same, only he's got a sore......nah, Oor Liz might be on here.....

Out of interest I have just had parking sensors fitted to my Rav today by mobile fitter. I eventually went for the Cobra 4 eye A0258 slim sensors colour matched. The guy who fitted them also programmed them using laptop to get the calibration correct. No need to remove bumper either. I believe Cobra also supply OEM fit units. They look good almost like factory fitted.

• Like 1

Is price a wee secret David? Asking for a friend buying an Auris from mepy nephew. She is a tiny toaty person so any aid would be great.

They were fitted by a midlands company. I could have got away with just the original black finish as my Rav4 is deep titanium but went for a colour match. The cost was £204 for supply and fit plus £42 for the spraying. It took approx just over 2 hours for fitting and testing. The Cobra units are about £90-100 supply only and are guaranteed for 3 years. Ultra slim flush sensors are available mounted from the back of the bumper but bumper needs to be removed to fit these. Cobra link below

http://www.cobravehiclesecurity.co.uk/products/parking-aids.aspx

Cobra may be able to give you local agents or fitters.

• Like 1

Thanks David.......much appreciated.

I have just been informed that my local toyota garage is fitting the sensors for £295 supply and fit

I have just been informed that my local toyota garage is fitting the sensors for £295 supply and fit

Couple of years ago that was a £400 + option.......what a bargain....!!

Booked in for sensors to be fitted. Colour coded and vehicle picked up and dropped back 299pds all in what a bargain

• Like 1

Kim.......remember if you are of the caravan fraternity, you would need the optional switch to put these off whilst towing.

DO NOT COME BACK saying price inclusive of isolatoriser ffs......

No I dont do any towing kevin but I will let you know if it includes the isolating switch.

Kim

Kim.......remember if you are of the caravan fraternity, you would need the optional switch to put these off whilst towing.

that's only of use if you are towing backwards.

edit: I guess that would be pushing backwards if I woz being pedantic :)

.........or backing yer Gypsy Mobile into a pitch, ya mad Ninglishmin........I can imagine all those beeps that would occur every time you select reverse wiff a caravan on........wife......strangled.....dug stabbed.......weans....ejector seats.

• Like 1

I fitted the Toyota units, and they are great, you won't be disappointed! Mind you got the complete kit from e bay, and only £50.00 :driving: Whose a lucky little reverser then!

• Like 1

Well got the vehicle back from toyota great service. Unfortunately when we went out and reversed in a car park with nothing behind it started beeping. This happened 3 times for no apparent reason so am going to take it back to the garage

For some reason, mine sometimes beep when reversing towards or over white traffic line paint, Kim, and also the very white stones of mate's golf course car park........otherwise no stray beeps.