Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recommended Parking Sensors

kimbos

My 4.3 would 'beep' reversing up or descending steep inclines, obviously sensing the ground as an obstacle due to differing angles.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Well taking mine back to mr T for the fourth time they want it for a couple of days. Very disappointed, hope they get it sorted. They go off anytime even when you select reverse.

Mine were awful, I finally worked out it was because I had asked them to move the corner sensors round as I hate sensing walls when parallel parking, and as a result they were all in the wrong place and interfering with each other, they might also have been pointing down or up too.

After a very long argument (I didn't want to drive 6 hrs each way back to the seller/fitter), they were replaced, and have been fine since.

I'm still looking for a flush fit set for my other car (not Toyota), saw recommendations for Laserline eps 4012 I think, but I really want them as unobtrusive as possible - unfortunately I don't trust those strips behind the bumper from the patchy reviews they get.

The problem with the rav4 bumper is that it is not completely vertical it slopes down slightly. The original OEM sensors are mounted as high as possible to make them as vertical as possible. Even the OEM sensors on my previous rav had intermittent problems with sloping surfaces. For this reason any aftermarket sensors need adjustable surrounds to alter the angle. My cobra sensors were the smaller flush type and had to be mounted just below the stainless bumper protector, these needed to be re programmed to reduce the sensitivity and range, even so these still give some erroneous detection beeps.

Got it back new ECU fitted, second car park I was in selected reverse gear and started to go off straight away. Phoned mr t who phoned head office at my request. Basically they have never had any problems until mine and they dont have any suggestions other than they can disconnect them. No mention of money back yet.

• 3 weeks later...

They told me to bring it back in. Getting a bit fed up to be honest. No t sure what to do yet

Dead easy.......tell them to remove system, supply new rear bumper without the nice new useless holes, paint, refit the far king thing........now watch them jump to attention and help.........one or more sensors is faulty or is obstructed with such as paint, etc.......doesn't matter what the fault is, but if you don't press hard for a resolution, you are a "problem gone away" candidate.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i am just curious how you got on with your rear parking sensors? My personal car, a 12 plate Rav4 has Mr T's one's fitted as standard and to be honest i turned them off as i found they used to give 'ghost' bleeps at times, say reversing up to something and there was an object a long way away then they would bleep. Ok i know i am being a bit disloyal but my Mercedes i had they were very accurate and you could count down the feet down to inches as you were backing up to something but the Rav4 ones were is bit wild and bleeped when you didn't expect it. I went to the main Toyota garage and commented on them and without litigation they sorta said they were not that accurate so i turned mine off by a fitted switch in the rear hatch area and just rely on the reversing camera which works very well..................comments appreciated!

Regards Mike169

The eight front and rear Toyota supplied and fitted sensors on my Rav have not failed me yet and I've never had a false alarm, along with the rear camera, I'm well protected !!

Me also too forbye......two Ravs, both with OEM reversey beep beeps and almost faultless. Sometimes react to heavy coverages of white line paint or bright white metallic stone chips on a driveway. Would not be without them.

They told me to bring it back in. Getting a bit fed up to be honest. No t sure what to do yet

I've had the OEM sensors on our 3 4.2's and they were faultless. They can be affected by ice or a build up of any residue like polish/wax so it's worth making sure that they are clear of same.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links