Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wing Mirror Indicator

bulesiau

Had my 2010 Avensis wing mirror indicator lens smashed by passing car. LED still works but what do I need to replace to fix, just the indicator/lens or whole mirror. Is this an easy fix and where is the best place to find the parts.

parts wise I would PM PartsKing.

He may be able to help re. how to fix or one of the Toyota Techs on the board may.

• 1 month later...

Please let me know what he says bulesiau as I need to do the same on my car. Thanks

With the Auris think you can buy the lens separately to the mirror housing - would presume the same would apply to the Avensis. Send Parts King a personal meassage giving car details and also state which mirror it is (passenger or drivers side).

Please let me know what he says bulesiau as I need to do the same on my car. Thanks

Is yours a T25 or T27 Avensis? If it's a T25 then the parts , prices etc. will be different from bulesiau's as his would be a T27.

Smashed mine on the Garage door pillar a little while ago. Took it to Toyota Garage , they replaced it in about 1/2 hour while I waited cost £96

It's a 58 2.2 D-Cat T180 Avensis. Not sure if that makes it a T25 or T27

As a 58 plate it could be either as the changeover was ~December 2008/January 2009.

T25

Toyota%20Avensis%20(3).jpg

T27

Toyota%20Avensis%202011%20(3).jpg

Awright. That's for clearing that up. My car is a T25

I needed to glue cracked indicator on my driver side mirror on the T25. It doesn't need to take out mirror (glass) but I didn't know...

It's enough to remove back cover and indicator is attached with 2 screws there. I unglued transparent indicator cover from indicator assembly by blade (last picture).

I wander why nobody makes/sells just transparent indicator cover which would costs £5 and 10 minutes work to replace, instead of change whole indicator or mirror. In fact always/ usually this cover been broken.

post-14699-0-66787900-1388013055_thumb.j

post-14699-0-11633300-1388013078_thumb.j

post-14699-0-26541300-1388013207_thumb.j

post-14699-0-90537800-1388013255_thumb.j

post-14699-0-63854500-1388013302_thumb.j

• Like 1

I am also looking for a replacement indicator lens for the passenger side wing mirror.

Anyone manage to find just the lens alone for sale?

I am also looking for a replacement indicator lens for the passenger side wing mirror.

Anyone manage to find just the lens alone for sale?

I doubt it exists at all. I glued inside my lense with Moment glue just to avoid water penetration.

After repair:

post-14699-0-75919700-1388141449_thumb.j

I am not aware of anybody making just a lens, it is a new lamp im afraid

Kingo :thumbsup:

Tapped the drivers mirror on gate post on mine (T25 2006, I guess). Now the mirror etc works all fine and moves about as required, but the indicator only works when it wants and when it is wet. Thats bound to be an MOT failure so, I need to get inside and check connections or whatever. How do I start with getting the lamp/indicator bits off?

Umm! Looking at an above post, the back cover comes off.....lets hope I am very careful with that :-)

Tapped the drivers mirror on gate post on mine (T25 2006, I guess). Now the mirror etc works all fine and moves about as required, but the indicator only works when it wants and when it is wet. Thats bound to be an MOT failure so, I need to get inside and check connections or whatever. How do I start with getting the lamp/indicator bits off?

Umm! Looking at an above post, the back cover comes off.....lets hope I am very careful with that :-)

Yes, see pictures of my post 12 above. For access to indicator you need to remove back cover starting from upper side using any thin, flat tool. Be careful with teeth on lower side (see second picture). I broke just one and glued it as well :D

Indicator is attached with two screws...check the connector there.

• 1 month later...

Well managed to only break two clips when removing cover. Bent the pins in socket over a bit, pushed plug back in and re-fitted. Cover snapped back in okay. See how long it works for!

• 8 months later...

Hi,

I just had the same problem on my '06 T25 T-Sprit.

In all that wind yesterday the hedgerow attacked my car and poked a branch in my indicator.

Fortunately it missed the paintwork and all the electrics are still working.

Nobody does the indicator unit only as an aftermarket sale yet.

There are 4 ways to go with the powerfold version.

1.Secondhand in same body colour if you can find it - anywhere between £50 and £80 for the powerfold version

2.New aftermarket unit in primer - needs painting. £90 for the unit and say another £50 to get sprayed

3.Replacement left-hand "indicator in mirror" for T25 = p/n 81470-05030. These are £71 from MrT.

4.Replacement unit from MrT = £140 and then have it painted so another £50.

I've opted for #3.

Hi,

I just had the same problem on my '06 T25 T-Sprit.

In all that wind yesterday the hedgerow attacked my car and poked a branch in my indicator.

Fortunately it missed the paintwork and all the electrics are still working.

Nobody does the indicator unit only as an aftermarket sale yet.

There are 4 ways to go with the powerfold version.

1.Secondhand in same body colour if you can find it - anywhere between £50 and £80 for the powerfold version

2.New aftermarket unit in primer - needs painting. £90 for the unit and say another £50 to get sprayed

3.Replacement left-hand "indicator in mirror" for T25 = p/n 81470-05030. These are £71 from MrT.

4.Replacement unit from MrT = £140 and then have it painted so another £50.

I've opted for #3.

Correction as I can't type today. p/n = 81740-05030.... apologies.