Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Upgrading Headlight Bulbs.

Uncle_P

" Are you a science teacher ;-) "

Oh dear, does it show ? :bookworm:

Was my first career . . .

C.

• Like 2

Ditto above.........extremely enlightening.......pun intendful.

• Like 3

I can see that you didn't get those 3 stars for nothing, BK - enlightening, indeed! :rolleyes:

Silly question guys but what bulbs does a 57 plate t180 run. No handbook in the car and want to change the dipped though I think sticking a guide dog in front of the car will be better for the missus

Hope these are the right ones then :dontgetit:

Nightbreaker unlimited H7 64210NBP?

Paul I'm afraid you need one pair of H11s and one pair of HB3s.

I can see that you didn't get those 3 stars for nothing, BK - enlightening, indeed! :rolleyes:

..........and I have been a lecher at three Universities in Glasgow.......

Hope these are the right ones then :dontgetit:

Nightbreaker unlimited H7 64210NBP?

Paul I'm afraid you need one pair of H11s and one pair of HB3s.

Yes and thanks Don,I did a search late last night which showed me I'd ordered the wrong ones.

Luckily Amazon are pretty fair with cancellations.

Think Ive ordered the right ones from autobulbsdirect.

In my slim defence nowhere in this thread does it give any part No's for headlights or'dipped lights.

My search eventually landed me on a 2010? post from our very own Big Kev with the part no's.

He's not JUST a pretty face then ;-)

Silly question guys but what bulbs does a 57 plate t180 run. No handbook in the car and want to change the dipped though I think sticking a guide dog in front of the car will be better for the missus

As Don said above.

Dipped lights H11..55W (Osram nightbreakers plus)part No. 645150 NBU HCB

Main beam.HB3..60W

Ha very good Gus, thanks..The search engine on here is usually one of the best I've used.

Shows the value of putting correct subject titles,although I'm as guilty as anyone for off the topic title headings.

But in this case who would search for.. '4.3 bulbs THE DEFINITIVE'?

It certainly didn't show up on my searchings anyway.

You must have found it through your own postings.

Had a gap in the weather this morning, so I fitted the new bulbs. Just in case anybody else is reading this and wondering how it's done, here's a quick outline of the procedure.

Pull the square plastic plug out of the back of the headlight. Pull on the plug, not the wiring!

Pull away the round rubber cover using the protruding tab at the top.

Push together both sides of the spring clip to release the old bulb.

I used gloves for the next bit to avoid getting muck on the bulbs. Remove the old bulb and replace it with the new one. It'll only fit one way.

Replace the spring clip, rubber cover and plug it in.

Check it works.

Have a brew and congratulate yourself on a job well done.

It's an easy job, but hopefully will pay dividends when the weather turns bad. I kept the two old headlight bulbs (both osram) in the nightbreakers box. They'll do as spares.

Bill

• Like 1

Had an interesting experience in my local Halfrauds this morning. Was driving past so decided to check out their BOGOF bulbs offer. Now they only sell 3 brands: Halfrauds, GE & Bosch. Looked at the catalogue for my bulb (dipped beam) and it quoted part no. 448. All three sets of packaging said "448" but they each quoted "H1" as bulb type rather than H11. I asked the 12-year old who was obviously moonlighting as a sales person whether these were in fact H11 but, quelle surprise, he didn't know.

Very confusing. I think I'll stick with Autobulbs or Powerbulbs - at least you know the stuff will be right when it arrives (used them before).

On a related point though, Halfrauds web site very honestly shows the customer reviews for their top-priced dipped bulb as only two stars, i.e. it's basically cr*p. Either they deserve a pat on the back for their honesty or they desperately need a new marketing director. Either way they really should find a supplier of better quality.

God forbid, you ever let one of them loose on your beloved car with their toolbox !! I have always wondered what training those guys get.

The honest reviews on their website about their own brand bulbs steered me immediately away to the other two suppliers you mentioned, along with the feedback from all you lot.

Had an interesting experience in my local Halfrauds this morning. Was driving past so decided to check out their BOGOF bulbs offer. Now they only sell 3 brands: Halfrauds, GE & Bosch. Looked at the catalogue for my bulb (dipped beam) and it quoted part no. 448. All three sets of packaging said "448" but they each quoted "H1" as bulb type rather than H11. I asked the 12-year old who was obviously moonlighting as a sales person whether these were in fact H11 but, quelle surprise, he didn't know.

Very confusing. I think I'll stick with Autobulbs or Powerbulbs - at least you know the stuff will be right when it arrives (used them before).

On a related point though, Halfrauds web site very honestly shows the customer reviews for their top-priced dipped bulb as only two stars, i.e. it's basically cr*p. Either they deserve a pat on the back for their honesty or they desperately need a new marketing director. Either way they really should find a supplier of better quality.

Jim..

Shopping online I have also been directed by two firms to the H1 as being for my car.

These wont fit,its the H11 we need,as advised by the handbook.

One firm said they will now check their information.

Must speak as I find here... I bought a set of Halfords 2nd most expensive range (+90%. I think) for my Avensis T180 2007 vintage and they were certainly bright, remember the Avensis is renowned for its poor headlights, and they were going still after 18+ months after installation. ( by the way fitting is a pig on that model, you need strong and very small hands, I made up a little tool to help with some wire and crocodile clips.)

Andy

The more confident folk with large hands (so couldnae change bulbs easily) actually removed the Avensis bumper to bulb change, Andy..........and I would think did ALL THE bulbs after that degree of strip down.......!

• Like 1

The more confident folk with large hands (so couldnae change bulbs easily) actually removed the Avensis bumper to bulb change, Andy..........and I would think did ALL THE BULBS after that degree of strip down.......!

I thought I would do it my way after scratching me head for a bit. Didna fancy tackling a bumper strip for a wee bulb job. Come up with my wee tool and it kept me out of the Missus' way for a while. Muttering and swearing, using words I didn't ken the meaning of. I succeeded in the end with my weak podgy paws displaying some war wounds. Totally satisfied when I first used them in the dark on country roads in dreek weather. ( I apologise for my slips into Scots accent, my time in Dundee is the influence, despite it being over 50 years ago) :)

Andy

Must speak as I find here... I bought a set of Halfords 2nd most expensive range (+90%. I think) for my Avensis T180 2007 vintage and they were certainly bright, remember the Avensis is renowned for its poor headlights, and they were going still after 18+ months after installation. ( by the way fitting is a pig on that model, you need strong and very small hands, I made up a little tool to help with some wire and crocodile clips.)

Andy

Yours obviously came out of the 2-star bag, Andy. :yes:

The more confident folk with large hands (so couldnae change bulbs easily) actually removed the Avensis bumper to bulb change, Andy..........and I would think did ALL THE BULBS after that degree of strip down.......!

I thought I would do it my way after scratching me head for a bit. Didna fancy tackling a bumper strip for a wee bulb job. Come up with my wee tool and it kept me out of the Missus' way for a while. Muttering and swearing, using words I didn't ken the meaning of. I succeeded in the end with my weak podgy paws displaying some war wounds. Totally satisfied when I first used them in the dark on country roads in dreek weather. ( I apologise for my slips into Scots accent, my time in Dundee is the influence, despite it being over 50 years ago) :)

Andy

I am waiting for the innuendo, don't fail me now!

Andy

"my wee tool" ah, such honest self-deprecation. Bless . :unsure:

Back when my wife had an Alfa, I tried changing a headlight bulb and came the conclusion that it was impossible. I got on the t'interweb and found that the best way to do it was get either a child or somebody with small hands to fit it. I ended up using a head torch, a mirror and some long nose pliers, not a simple job. It really made me appreciate Mr T's handiwork when when swapping bulbs earlier today!

The nightbreakers are great and make a world of difference when driving at night. Well worth the money, my only regret I'd not doing it sooner.

I've ordered a set of nightbreakers from Amazon today , it's a wonder there's any left in stock due to the number of Rav owners converting ! They look a piece of cake to fit , sidelight bulb replacement looks like a different story altogether !

I've ordered a set of nightbreakers from Amazon today , it's a wonder there's any left in stock due to the number of Rav owners converting ! They look a piece of cake to fit , sidelight bulb replacement looks like a different story altogether !

Left hand sidelight is just lose a knuckle or two. Right hand one needs a c section of the wheel arch liner.
  • Like 1

Thanks Don , I'll leave them then until they need replacing !

If you try to do them sidelight bulbs in COLD weather, which to me meant partial removal of the wheel arch liner on wife's car, you will find the arch liner is actually manufactured by Wikinson Sword, and the whole world goes pink from the stuff coming oot yer veins.

The wee plastic popperisers have always aspired to be bullets, and will whistle past yer heid, Jase.......

If not needing done, wait until warmer weather or heat the arches with a fan heater in a garage.........also if you have the front round foggies whose bulb enters from the rear, do them whilst you're in there. If an indicator bulb ever goes, I am going a run to the Peak District to visit some aging friends...........

Must stop this talking sense.......got a reputation to keep up........

• Like 2