Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front Windscreen Wiper

dwilson

I think a piece of plastic has broken from the larger wiper on the offside And I need to replace the blade. Any recommendations for the best blade?

Thanks, David

I think a piece of plastic has broken from the larger wiper on the offside And I need to replace the blade. Any recommendations for the best blade?

Thanks, David

I have the Bosch Aero ones.. They are frameless so sit very low giving the impression they are not there until you turn them on of course..

Super clean smear free wipe with no noise.. Cost a little more than the standard framed Bosch ones but worth the bit extra. My ones have been on for well over a year and still are perfect....

Will try and find the link for you .

Denso 24" are OEM blades, David, and Euro Car Parts got them on at great prices. Passenger side is 17"........I would do them as a pair. Have seen the ones Charlie refers to, but never tried them......look good, but so do the Denso wans.

Confused I is..... Were the original blades the framed type ? Or like the ones in the euro car parts link IE frameless ?

Im still trying to work out if the original 2006 set were the frameless type as in Dons link ? My rear one needs changing ...............

Charlie

The Denso ones that are in the eurocarparts link are exactly the ones that were fitted to all RAVs from new. I would describe them as a clamshell design. They are not exactly frameless like the Bosch ones you are using but they have a hybrid half framed blade under the Shell. They are sculptured and are the only ones I have ever used that are completely silent. They have a special fitting that allows them to lie pretty well flat on the screen.

• Like 1

Thanks for your replies, I will study them in the morning. I got distracted watching F1 Tec on tv and forgot to check for replies! Oops!!

David

As luck would have it I need new wipers.

Cheers for the link guys.

Just changed a fellow new member's wipers to full set of Denso on Friday at 28k miles (2008)........worst case of rubber leprosy ah have ever witnessed. Why do folk leave them so long? They must have been WW2 radar operatives to be able to see through that smear ffs....

Then also changed the pollen fillter, interrupting 5 a side tournament between dead wasps and mosquito larvae..........utterly bowfin' mins.....

I still have those pricey PIAA silicone wipers on my Yaris; Still totally silent and clear the window well, even under very light 'sticky' drizzle, which is where normal wipers tend to do that horrible smearing and grating juddery sound.

Hi. Many thanks for all of your help. I had a look last night and went to order the Densos this morning but they have out the price up!!

So I will have a look at the ones Charlie recommends.

David

Hi. Many thanks for all of your help. I had a look last night and went to order the Densos this morning but they have out the price up!!

David

Oh dear the eBay site says they don't fit my car...

David

Oh dear the eBay site says they don't fit my car...

I found another site and have ordered the Densos.

Hopefully I will be able to fit them when they arrive!

Thanks for all the replies - this is a great forum. Now if someone could recommend some firm pillows that I won't flatten....for my bed so not really a RAV problem!! I am only 12 stone but seen to destroy pillows!!

Cheers,

David

Thanks, luckily I have just paid £18.84 but that is a very interesting link and I must remember to look when it is time for a new Battery etc.

David

Thanks, luckily I have just paid £18.84 but that is a very interesting link and I must remember to look when it is time for a new Battery etc.

David

That will deffo NOT be Denso wipers......they will be Optifit Toyota replacements, which in my opinion are just not.......just remembered Kingo got black belt in Karaoke.......me go quiet.....solly.

• Like 1

David

That will deffo NOT be Denso wipers......they will be Optifit Toyota replacements, which in my opinion are just not.......just remembered Kingo got black belt in Karaoke.......me go quiet.....solly.

Thanks Kev, that makes me feel even better (sorry Kingo)

David

David

David

I only buy wiper replacements from Mr.T as I've found them to be excellent quality & value compared to any of the after-market ones that I've tried, including Bosch, etc. On every occasion the non-OEM ones have ended up in the bin.

I do have to say though that I've never had this problem on any previous cars, only the RAV's.

• Like 1

Sods law.. according to Europarts the offer ended today doh!

I think I'll stick with MrT.

who say there are two types available..metal,for which you can buy the rubber inserts, or an expensive plastic @£30 each.

who say there are two types available..metal,for which you can buy the rubber inserts, or an expensive plastic @£30 each.

Paul,

I had that problem but used www.carparts4less.co.uk for the cheaper price

David

• Like 1

David

David

I only buy wiper replacements from Mr.T as I've found them to be excellent quality & value compared to any of the after-market ones that I've tried, including Bosch, etc. On every occasion the non-OEM ones have ended up in the bin.

I do have to say though that I've never had this problem on any previous cars, only the RAV's.

That is where and why the Denso wans score, Jim.......they are not AM, they are OEM as fitted in That Japan. The Optifit ones I have experience of only being "good", with duff longevity after subjectment to frost and ice.

• Like 1

Paul,

I had that problem but used www.carparts4less.co.uk for the cheaper price

David

Cheers for the link Dave.
  • Like 1