Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius 61 Plate ; Bluetooth Randomly Drops Out And In Again

geoffreyx

Hi

The title really says it all. It's happening on a phone passed on by my daughter, She had no problems with it in her Micra,

It also happenned on with the previous mobile

The sysmptons are; I'm talking away and suddenly the car loses connection with the phone, the call is still connected, a little while later connection is restored.

The bluetooth is still turned during the dropout , verified by my passenger,

If I'm on my own in the car and use a bluetooth earpiece the connection is stable

Before I go back to the dealer, anyone have any ideas as to what might be wrong?

TIA

Geoffrey

Never heard of this before, bluetooth tends to either work or not rather than losing and restoring connection. I have sometimes had to disconnect and reconnect when first getting in the car but after that the connection has been solid.

Not sure if there is such a thing as a bluetooth antenna which could be loose although there must be something somewhere even if it is internal.

Before going back to the dealer I would try locating the phone somehere else if possible to see if that has an affect.

The only other thing that I can vaguely think might be the issue is interference from somewhere or something.

Best of luck with this, please update us on the solution however simple it might prove to be.

Regards

Peter

• Like 1

Try deleting all phones and pair that one first. It worked for me with the Gen 3.

When I had two phones paired the one I paired first, a T-Mobile branded cheap phone, worked fine but my HTC Wildfire which I paired second kept connecting then disconnecting. I deleted both, paired the HTC first then the T-Mobile second and then they both worked fine.

I can't think of any possible reason why this worked but it did.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to Peter and Keith for the replies

I checked the pairings and found that I hadn't deleted the pairing for my old phone.

I then deleted both pairings and re-paired with my new phone

It still comes and goes, but is much much more stable than previously,

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links