Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2.2 D4D Coolant Change

boristhemut

Hi All,

I have an 06 plate 2.2D, and would like to carry out a change of coolant.

Would anyone be kind enough me to give me the method, or direct me to any previous information on the forum in relation to this.

The coolant is pink and I am fairly certain it has not had a coolant change.

Thanks in advance.

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/138267-coolant-change/

Did a search of the forum.

Basically there are two drain points - one is a key at the bottom of the radiator, the other is on the engine block, slightly to the left near cylinder 3 ( 1 is to the right of the car and 4 is closest to the gearbox).

I usually flush the expansion bottle if needed.

When filling I put some water then as close to 50% coolant as possible. Then I squeeze the hoses to remove the air from the system. Let the engine warm up so that the thermostat opens.

Use the recommended coolant.

The Toyota coolant (Pink) is already pre-mixed so no need to dilute it, once changed you will probably never need to do it again it lasts that long :D:

Kingo :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The Toyota coolant (Pink) is already pre-mixed so no need to dilute it, once changed you will probably never need to do it again it lasts that long :D:

Thanks Kingo,

I missed that detail because ever since I had my car, the coolant has been blue. I will look into it next change.

Konrad

The Pink coolant is a bit more expensive, but when you consider it is good for 100K the cost per year is fantastic, you don't have to drop it out every couple of years, like you would a cheaper anti freeze

• Like 1

Take a look on eBay for some deals! I bought some off a main dealer in Sheffield for £21 for 5L👍😎👏👀🐇🚗💨

Hi All,

Many thanks for all the information, links and general thoughts on the subject.

All really useful.

My car has pink collant which I am assuming is the super long life stuff.

The car is 7 years old with 120K up.

Even though it is not yet 10 years old, it has done over the 100K mile recomended change interval.

Would you be inclined to change it on this basis, or leave alone?

Thanks again.

Test the anti-freeze and see what condition it's in. I'd change it! With a good flush through! But that's just me👍👀🚗👏

• 4 years later...
On 11/5/2013 at 11:29 AM, Konrad C said:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/138267-coolant-change/

Did a search of the forum.

Basically there are two drain points - one is a key at the bottom of the radiator, the other is on the engine block, slightly to the left near cylinder 3 ( 1 is to the right of the car and 4 is closest to the gearbox).

I usually flush the expansion bottle if needed.

When filling I put some water then as close to 50% coolant as possible. Then I squeeze the hoses to remove the air from the system. Let the engine warm up so that the thermostat opens.

Use the recommended coolant.

Hi Konrad C, 

I know this post has some time now, but I need to change my coolant from my Avensis D4D T27 from 2012 , I went on the Toyota website, to look for the Engine drain plug only found for the radiator. My questions are where is the plug? Is it in the same position you said before? Do you have a picture of the plug? And Was thinking to do a hole flush with distilled water, to clean all the fluid, what is you thought regarding it? I have 98k miles.

10 minutes ago, hichamaziz said:

The Toyota coolant (Pink) is already pre-mixed so no need to dilute it

Yes I know was wondering if Toyota has the concentrated. 

Regarding the 2AD engine block coolant drain point, I have found a diagram from the Rav4 forum and  copied the pdf - block.pdf

The drain point is at the rear of the engine, exhaust side, toward the bulkhead,  and is common to both petrol and diesel engines. 

I will also link a few videos showing the drain point, even though petrol should be the same for diesel.

There is one other video that you visited, where the owner pulled the bottom pipe instead. You asked him but he didn't know.

Hope this helps.

4 hours ago, Konrad C said:

Thank You Korand C, you are a champ. I have seen the toyota parts on a previous post you did, for someone else requesting toyota parts. That really helps . Thanks again for all your answers all the best to you.