Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla Compressor Trip Computer

joeshenton

First time toyota owner, new member.

21ngzl1.jpg

Just bought a T Sport Compressor which I am loving, had some high powered cars before and have to say this is a lot of fun!

52k miles and seems to be in good nick although time will tell me if i'm right!

Something which I want confirmation on and Toyota haven't come up with a satisfactory answer is...

Is it true that our trip computer will only tell me average speed and will not display mpg etc??

It doesnt seem to make sense that the standard head unit which is capable of it and works in other cars cannot tell me what my average mpg is?? I have been told the head unit is capable but the engine computer doesnt feature mpg info on the trip computer by Toyota? And if it doesnt feature it, why the hell not! :D

I suspect it must be true because, yes, my head unit only displays average speed but at first I thought there was some problem!

Seeking some clarification here so I can move on and just remind myself to stop worrying about how much juice the beast is drinking!

• 2 months later...

Took me a while to realise this but the average mph figure is actually your mpg figure.

for some reason it displays mph instead of mpg (clerical error maybe?), but i have tested this by resetting it on motorways and other roads, including when stationery and it definitely is the average mpg

Wow I think you are right! My dial always says 18 or 19 and that makes sense, just always thought that was average speed of course! Albeit a low average speed but with all the top starting in traffic, never even considered it! I will test it but nice one!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links