Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla G6

BlueG6

Hi all new to this site just wanted to ask a few of you for help with my car. I was driving home last night and I was following a Citroen Saxo and Ibelieve it was a 1.4 which I've read is only 75hp so I kept with him until a long straight came and the Saxo left my G6 not big time but it was pulling away. What can I do to my car to make it up to the 100hp mark. I've though of Remap and chip I have a induction kit on it now. What is the difference in the engine of the G6 and G6R? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Yeah I understand that as it is a 109hp , Is it a different Bore size and bigger pistons or something to do with the fuel injection system?

That saxo probably had a turbo under the hood and a massive amount of work done to the engine....

Is there a turbo available for the 4A -FE engine in the G6? If so where could I get one from?

I wish there was! I think your best option is fitting a 4A GE engine. There isnt really any bits available for a 4A FE.

Turbo kits can be got for 4a-fe and 7a-fe from USA but they ain't cheap and a lot of hassle to get running right.

The 4e-fte Starlet turbo engine can be fitted, there are a few in Ireland.

Or the 4age 16v, 20v or 4agze supercharged version but again this is not a simple/cheap conversion.

3sgte is also an option.

I didnt realise you could get a turbo kit from the US for the 4a fe. Not worth doing tho like you said, the 4a fe was supposed to be toyotas sensible economical engine so there are not many options for it. 4a ge black top 20v engine kits from a Levin can be had from eBay for around 1400 quid and I far as I know is pretty much a straight swap? Its what I want to do to mine.

A local mate of mine has the 1.3T starlet lump in his and its a great little engine, not sure how reliable it is tho, hes just had to replace the lump and lots ive seen have had to be rebuilt. I dont know if its people turning the boost up too far or a particular problem with the engine.

The 3sgte is what the rally car had but is not an easy swap, some clever engineering needed although Fensport could probably help or do it as they have done it before.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links