Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Reset After Battery Change

Tony Woollacott

Hi everyone,

Hope someone can help. I have just had to change my Battery and now need to reset the radio. I have searched the user manual and can only find info on setting the stations etc. I am not being asked for a code so presume that my 2002 model does not need one.

The trip meter etc come up when the button is pressed and the radio was working fine before the switch.

Thanks,

Tony

No code required, Tony........so is that all you are getting, trip meter bumph and no radio stuff.....?

Hi Tony , could you please update your profile. The 2002 model came with either a single cd player or a 6cd changer under the passenger seat depending on which model you have. There is no code to be inputted. The trip meter will need resetting to mpg. I think the presets are lost when the Battery is removed , not sure exactly what you are asking about resetting the radio.

• Like 1

It has a single CD player. The problem is that the radio will not switch on, even though all the other functions seam to be working fine.

Was the radio on and playing when you disconnected the old Battery and fitted the new one........?

My point was the radio should not be on when disconnecting the radio, Tony.......it can apparently damage it or at best blow a fuse.

When wife's 58812 unit gave up the ghost, the processor for the RADIO ONLY had chucked it......still had the trip functions you speak of working fine. Question for somebody with more ken than me.........could a separate anti surge RADIO fuse have gone due to Battery fairt about with.....?

I am 97% certain that Radio and Trip functions are on separate processors..........shcm.......me talk mince......?

• 1 year later...

hi,

i have rav4 2002 got a central locking problem, the central lock switch inside works fine for all 5 doors but does not work from out side by pressing the key fob, the key got new Battery and light comes up but does not work, when you turn key on driver door its only opens the driver door only. any help will be appreciated.

thanks

• 1 year later...

Did you get a result from this issue? I have just bought a 2008 Vanguard and the dealer had the Battery out for charging. Radio/DVD/Navigation not working now. The panel flips down at the front to reveal the disc and sd card slots and up again. Fan is working in the back of the unit. It has power obviously. Just doesn't want to switch on.