Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Brake Disc & Pads Are You Running - Mintex Vs Adl Blueprint

avensisd4d786

I'm due a brake disc and pad replacement.

what make are you guys running and why?

what are your views on mintex or adl blueprint disc & pads

Fitted blue print discs and pads a couple of months ago nothing wrong with the braking performance,but the discs are actually rusting from the hub part as if there isn't any zinc plating in that area,in fact i need to get the wheels off and paint the area in question with some silver Hammerite or something cus they look an eyesore right now.

After my brake issues, now got EBD discs and greenstuff pads on my Yaris. Brake force is positively lethal :lol: They do generate a crapload of black dust, but keep the discs very shiny :D

Seem quite resistant to brake fade, but feel like they are wearing down faster than the standard blue Toyota pads (Some sort of Akebono ceramic pad from what I've deduced so far - Those have less braking force, don't seem to polish the discs so much but generate almost no visible dust)

On my T25 when they needed replaced I switched to MTEC grooved discs & Ferodo Premier pads.

Why? They were cheaper than OEM (still not the cheapest option by a long way) & gave better performance.

As a bonus they also looked better (especially as I went with the black option so that the hub section didn't rust).

Mk1 1998 Avensis.

I fitted Blueprint disc and pads in August after changing both front wheel bearings. Feel and stopping very good. Third set.

Before I used Apex disc and pads which did 5 years August 2008). Changed due to vibration (not juddering) and scoring. Second Set.

Mtec drilled and groved(Black addition) with mintex pads on the T-180. Mtec drilled(Black addition) with mintex on the 2.8L Grand Voyager XS...😷

Pagid. Cheaper than Toyota and can't feel any difference in performance. Centre/hub section coated silver against corrosion and lasting well.

I have just had Pagid discs and pads put in and in just over a week they have started squealing a little. I have had this in the past with Pagid pads. I think there discs are fine but have not had a great experience with there pads. I already asked my mechanic for Bosch pads and he will be changing them at his cost as it was his idea to put the Pagid pads in despite me asking for Bosch. And yes he did put copper grease on them and gave the calipers a good clean.

Mo

• Like 1

Sometimes you need anti-squeal shims, other times the discs/pads just need wearing in a bit.

• Like 1

I bought Pagid discs and pads for my car! They wouldn't fit!!! Took them back and used Mtec🚘

Went for blueprint pads and discs & will be fitted this weekend. will let you know outcome.

Mo, My brakes squealed at first, but only for a short time. Usually the first couple of times braking at the beginning of the journey.

They are fine now. So Cyker is right about bedding in the brake.

You have an accommodating mechanic - the customer is right.

Konrad

I fitted my Pagid discs and pads myself. No problems with them at all. Whenever a really hard dose of brakes is required they overcome the tyre's grip and the ABS kicks in. In normal day to day use the work just fine. but hey, you pays your money and takes your choices and all that.

• Like 1

@Druid - What's the dust like on the Pagid stuff?

To be honest I think they make less dust than the standard Toyota pads - even with my wife giving it beans into the roundabouts....

update; no squealing from blueprint pads & discs

• Like 1

I use Black Diamond drilled and grooved Discs and Predator pads, had them for several years and up to now been brilliant.

No fade even under prolonged and heavy braking, regularly do a journey between Sheffield and Manchester over snake

and the brakes give you plenty of confidence.

Just had the car tested and brake performance was 98%, not bad for an old car.

I would have gone for black D set up! But to rich for my pocket! !Removed! great set of discs and pads mate! Big fun!... Oh yes :)

• 2 years later...

For my Toyota Auris, F1 Autocentre fitted Delphi discs and pads for front wheels. After few day it is getting noisy and squealing loudly.

I need to replace it again?

Any idea which brand to go for?

Eicher, Pagid, Brembo, Adl Blue print, ferodo?

And Where should I buy ?

as above when my T25 Avensis needed new discs & pads I went MTEC for the disks & Ferodo Premier for the pads. Not the cheapest option but I was very happy.

The T27 oem brakes are imo better than the T25s & happy with that.

Hey Heidfirst, how are you finding the Ferodo Premier like for brake dust? I'm looking to get some new pads but I'm trying to find some that won't turn my wheels black after two weeks :laugh:

The best ones for low dust were the blue-backed Toyota pads I had on the car originally, but since I discovered I have no way of knowing what I will get if I ask for those (i.e. Whether I get the the proper blue-backed akebono ones, which were really good for low dust, or some random third-party ones, which is what they gave me last time - Still peeved about that), I'm either going back to the EBC Greenstuffs I had last (Dusty but good braking force) or trying something else; The Ferodo Premier have a good rep for stopping power and fade resistance but not much is said on how dusty they are... :unsure:

well, that car went 3 1/2 years ago ...:wink: but it was fine. & more importantly the MTEC disc/Ferodo Premier pad combo gave you better feel & confidence in the brakes unlike the oem setup.

The T27 that I have now is running oem discs & pads as they seem perfectly adequate in terms of performance but my wheels do look grey rather than silver not long after being washed ... :tongue:

Yeah, that's why I'm curious how the Ferodos were for dust (What were they like a week after washing??)

The non-name Toyota pads on my car at the moment are pretty bad; The dust isn't sticky thankfully but the inside of the rims after a fortnight look like the inside of my exhaust (My car is a diesel so this is not a good comparison!)

I really wish I knew who made the blue-backed OE pads Toyota used to fit; Those were amazing for dust - Literally after 2 months and no washing the wheels would still be the same colour! The braking was so so (The initial bite was pretty pathetic ('gentle' :laugh:) but the brake force was consistent with no fade; By comparison the Greenstuffs had savage initial bite, with a tendency to trigger the ABS earlier than the blue-backed OE pads if you pushed them; These black-backed Toyota pads have better initial bite than the blue-backs but are really **** when cold, generate more dust than the already dusty Greenstuffs and seem to have worn down very quickly)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links