Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris Diesel Dpf

bobjob01

I`m looking to buy a 2-4 year old yaris and was wondering when the DPF was fisrt introduced on the yaris diesel.

I have nothing against the DPF and can see the merits of the device but my typical journey does not suit one.

Is there an engine code that denotes a dpf or an warning light. Can you tell by looking.

I know other makers have put them on as far back as 2007 (skoda Octavia) but still sold some models without until 2010 (VAG 1.9 Tdi PD engines).

The DPF only appeared on the Mk2 Yaris onwards, so anything with a 2006-plate onwards basicaly.

If you can take it on a long motorway burn every now and then, or can at least drive for a long while in like, 2nd or 3rd gear at high rpm, then you can get away with it, but TBH if you are only going to be driving around town, the 1.0 or 1.3 will be less of a hassle in the long run.

Thanks for that swift reply Cyker. 2006 Thats earlier than I thought. Just done some quick calculations with honest johns real world mpg. With my anual milage a diesel would be £140 a year cheaper on fuel. Not realy worth it to me so yes I think its a petrol yaris for me.

Yeah, I'd agree, esp. if you're not doing decent length journeys. The diesel is very efficient but only once you get it hot; The difference in performance between a stone-cold engine and one at operating temperature is a lot more marked than in a petrol!

I've gotten 200 miles out of a quarter of a tank on my dad's Focus TDCi (My god the gears on that thing are long!) but he's also managed to get 50 miles out of that same quarter!! :eek:

Dpf was only fitted in the UK from 2010 onwards

• Like 1

Are you sure? I'm pretty sure all Mk2s had one! It was one of the main reasons the Mk2 D4D had worse mpg than the Mk1...

It is possible that this is the case in other countries with different emission regulations, but in the UK the history of the 1ND 1.4 D4d is :

Introduced in MK1 Yaris in Late 2001 as a 75bhp 5 speed manual

Contined in MK2 but now with 90bhp 5 Speed manual or 5 speed multimode transmission.

Major revision of the engine in 2009 with new cylinder head and block design with a new injection system, retains 90bhp but gains 10nm of torque and a 6 speed manual or multimode transmission. Mid 2010 see's the addition of a Dpf filter to meet Euro 5 emission regulations.

MK3 is as late MK2 all models include Dpf however the UK does not include 6 speed multimode transmission.

The above is a brief run down of the UK history, this may differ in other countries.

Is there a warning light when turning on the ignition like a little exhaust symbol as on VAG DPF cars.