Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen Washers.......again

kennydal

Hi, I have a 57 yaris and the front winscreen washers only skoosh the water onto the bottom 2 inches of the windscreen. The motor is operating and I have replaced both nozzles but it still only sprays the water onto the bottom of the screen. Any ideas?

Does your Yaris have the non-adjustable washer nozzles? For the Auris, the 0 degree angle jets are fitted as standard and you can get -2 degree, +2 degree and +3 degree angle jets - see http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/88310-washer-jets/?hl=+windscreen++washer

What, can you not do the old jam-a-pin-into-the-nozzle-and-wiggle-it-around trick?

I've changed the nozzles, they are brand new! I am thinking that the motor has lost power or something.

As you've changed the nozzles, have you gone for the same degree angle jet or have you gone for a + degree angle?

Check to see if the windscreen washer tube leading to the nozzles is not kinked, that's what happened to me once, the kink slows the flow of water through the tube

Frostyballs, I didn't know you could buy the nozzles with different angles. I'll investigate that but it looks more like there isn't enough power to push the water any further up the windscreen. I'll have a look today to see if S M Smith's suggestion could be correct.

The nozzles are angled, so if you bought some of the Zero or +1 then it will spray at the bottom of the screen. That said, the pump could be weak causing a low pressure, or one of the return valves could be blocked

Take the pipe OFF the nozzle and spray it, see what happens, you should be able to tell if it has enough wooomph pushing the water out

Kingo :thumbsup:

Ok folks, thanks for your replies. The hoses are not kinked and I've tried changing the nozzles all to no avail. Anything else is outwith my limited technical capabilities.................The garage who sold me it are taking it back for repair. thanks again.

I have seen a few cars where the "Y" piece that splits the single feed to each of the jets has a non return valve which has failed this causes a flow restriction

Valve is part # 85321-0D010

Washer jet +1 # 85381-52280

Washer jet +2 # 85381-52300

Thanks Lee. car is going back to garage on Monday. Hopefully they will fix it this time!!