Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Scv Valves.

doujoy1944

Hi to all,

Trying to find the best place to buy SCV valves for the high pressure pump on my Toyota RAV4 diesel

I have even looked at the secondhand market from dismantalers and some of their prices are wild, one quoted £492.00 and I asked if the engine was still attached.

So I need a supplier for new valves if anyone can help I would be greatful.

Doug.

either try your local dealer or give parts king on here a PM and they should be able to help

Alex

hi doug wat problems are u expericin I all so own rav4 year 02 d4d and find it hard to start when when hot other than that its fine have to let it sit 15 mins b4 starts again . not sure if its scvs or not . just wondering u have same problem . gago

Hi there gago,

I am not having any problems with starting hot or cold just an intermittent loss if power in the lower gears and a lack of climbing power in the higher gears, I have checked the EGR valves and turbo as well as the throtle body but a computer test showed up a fault in one of the SCV valves.

So they were removed and cleaned and for a short time all the power came back but within ten miles of driving the power loss started to become a problem again, I have managed to get two new valves from the e-bay site you mensioned for £179.00 so maybe after they have been fitted things will improve.

Doug.

Just to up date everyone on the SCV valves I found a set on e-bay and they have been ordered, but the range of prices for these valves is quite interesting anything from £179.00 which was what I paid up to and over £900.00, weard!

Doug.

Well who would buy a set for £900? Bet they are not overstocked on those

The set you have bought are probably a set of Denso ones, the Toyota ones (at present day price) are £285.68, discounted if bought from me

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi to all,

The new SVC valves arrived yesterday and I got the job done today with great results, performance is back and even the starting and tickover sound better, but it was worth checking and cleaning the ERG valve if only to make sure there was not a problem with it, before ordering any new parts.

I also checked the turbo and the throttle body, and don't forget those thin succsion air pipes off the waste gate, in the past I have found a split in one of them to cause loss of turbo power.

But it was worth all the checks, now the next job is the timing belt waterpump and alternator and power steering belts, after that two new rear tyres and then an MOT!

Doug.

Well done Doug. Its always doing one job at once so you can definitely pin down what fixes it ;-)

Hi to all,

I find once you retire as I have done some six years ago it is good to keep busy and there are a number of motors in the family and friends that do just that, but just in case I run out of things to do I own an old Bedford CF campervan which I use through the summer months and it has been a four year job of work to get it from the state it was in when I bought it up to the useable state it is now in.

And as a member of the Bedford club as well as the Toyota club I get a fair bit of work sent up to me such as gearboxes cylinder heads and complete engines to repair from all over the country, so yes I am a busy guy most of the time.

Doug.

any one out there can help. my rav4 d4d has a problem when engine reaches operatin temputure and if I turn engine off its as if the Battery is on its way out . I have had Battery checked alternator all is fine there . let rav sit ten mins to cool no probs startin its been like this for long time other than that no troble at all. one thing tho . I was curius one day and had 2 helpful guys give me push when engine was hot slightest push fired up no hestation rav4 year 02 gago ...

Great job Doug😎

Glad to hear its all done and working as it should🚗💨😷😜😊

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links