Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Exhaust Any Alternative

scotty96

Hi guys in need of your input..... I have owned my T180 for only 2 weeks to find that the last owner had done a bodge on the rear silencer which has let go and now left me with a exhaust that's blowing real bad. I left it to a friend of mine in the business of repairing cars to enquire the cost of a new one, and yes I almost had a heart attack at the price, Is there a cheaper way that anybody has done? Also my Rav has gone from doing 41 mpg at 70mph to 32mpg at 70mph could this be related or is this a problem with the egr valve? My rav does hesitate pulling away then gives loads of boost at about 2000 rpm. Any help guys would be well appreciated thanks in advance

The poorer fuel consumption is to be expected if the exhaust is blowing badly. I believe Toyota do a fixed price for the rear section of the exhaust. I had to have the middle section replaced on my petrol one and it was about £800 but there are cheaper options.

I had a complete stainless exhaust system custom built for around £500. that was a 3 door richt enuf.

Ask about - there should be cheaper options that are just as guid !

I put a stainless middle box on my T180 but the !Removed! noise drive me barmy.. It droned like hell on the motorway and just simply made the car feel like a heap. !!! Just over £1000 as it's a dealer only part . No after market exhaust maker has made them yet ..

David I was talking above about the long centre section with the large box and the oxidisation cat in front if it...

The rear section which is minimal pipe work with one silencer box and no cats in it should not be very expensive....

That set up in your link looks ace mate ! Sure someone on here used that kit but some time ago ... Marsky ????

David I was talking above about the long centre section with the large box and the oxidisation cat in front if it...

The rear section which is minimal pipe work with one silencer box and no cats in it should not be very expensive....

That set up in your link looks ace mate ! Sure someone on here used that kit but some time ago ... Marsky ????

Think it was Local Hero, late of this parish..................... Stew, where are you?

Hi guys in need of your input..... I have owned my T180 for only 2 weeks to find that the last owner had done a bodge on the rear silencer which has let go and now left me with a exhaust that's blowing real bad. I left it to a friend of mine in the business of repairing cars to enquire the cost of a new one, and yes I almost had a heart attack at the price, Is there a cheaper way that anybody has done? Also my Rav has gone from doing 41 mpg at 70mph to 32mpg at 70mph could this be related or is this a problem with the egr valve? My rav does hesitate pulling away then gives loads of boost at about 2000 rpm. Any help guys would be well appreciated thanks in advance

the problem is the only original is on sale

i ve had gases leaks thru a big middle silencer and forced to buy new original

http://www.tonybanks.co.uk/

Around £280 for a complete 4.3 system from the 2nd cat back. Made from 2mm 304 stainless - unlike many of the cheap and nasty systems around. You can choose the noise level from standard (as per original) to various degrees of sporty sound.

Think it was Local Hero, late of this parish..................... Stew, where are you?
Yup, that was Stews exhaust. He was well happy with it.

And yup, we miss LH :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links