Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drl's (Daytime Running Lights)

152bobby

What do you all think about these ?

The photos don't do the lights justice, they are brighter than they look.

Totally legal and turn off and on at the correct times (ie, when the headlights come on etc).

post-135040-0-08659300-1383822298_thumb.

post-135040-0-71983500-1383822300_thumb.

Look's good, drilled or stuck ? (I guess some amount of drilling for cable)

Look good to me. Well done.

Nice wan Oor Boab........so ye stuck to original idea I gave ye......drill five holes each side, glue a torch or two on behind......? LOL.......are these wee crackers from our Chinese pals, Alibaba & Co.......?

Look good mate.........how goes yer new diet of Chips from Flintshiire....?

Fantastic... look great... :thumbsup:

How did you do it ? do they stick out much from the bumper ?

Are they the hella ones ?

They are drilled into the bumper. They look very similar to a parking sensor.

Very good quality and result for the price.

The bumper does not have to come off, the fitter accessed the rear via the clip off panels on the front bumper (where the towing loop is I suppose), there is just enough room to do it and then feed the wires accordingly.

They work great with my auto on/off headlights.

I had mine colour coded and they were fitted in about 45 minutes and cost £176.93 in total (bargain, if you ask me and included fitting)

I have listed the details below.

They also do a similar set which has six individual lights, I just went for the five, because of my front parking sensors.

I must admit, I did speak to their sales dept prior to purchasing, as I was unsure about which type to go for, the individual ones I have or the usual all in one unit, but I think the all in one unit type really does look like they have been bolted on (that's exactly what they are !!).

http://www.avrmobiles.co.uk/acatalog/rx550_led_daytime_running_lights.html

Go on, go for it, such a bargain and look great.

Cheers

Bobby

Looks very nice.

The potential for this install to be totally screwed up is mahoosive though, so if I were taking my car in for this work, I would tell the installer I would be wanting a new bumper from them if it was not 100% perfect (and I would be sooooo nervous if it were me doing the install!)

• Like 1

Not a fan of DRLs but they look ace ! Genuinely better than some factory fit ones !

Nah Hoovie.......as long as a decent template available, I would be qualmless regarding the hole drilling. Just cannae get ma heid round car electricals though......

Exactly...that's why I got them to do it, as there was no way I was going to drill wholes in my shiny new number !! I did check their liability insurance and I was assured if it went ti*s up, they would replace the number. Plus the installer had done dozens of these, I watched him doing it and he made it look so simple and it did come with a template. I expect, a job like this is really down to how good the installer is, I was lucky and very happy with the results...mind you, you should have seen my face when there were 10 holes in my number !!

Nah Hoovie.......as long as a decent template available, I would be qualmless regarding the hole drilling. Just cannae get ma heid round car electricals though......

You drill 'em, and I'll fit 'em :)

But yes, as long as a good METAL template is provided and a way to secure it (probably hot glue and a release agent to remove) then it should be ok :)