Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Rav4 Side Roof Rails (Black) Genuine Toyota Accessory

jolly-friar

Been looking around at roof rails for the RAV after someone nearly broke my...

Found these on eBay..

I assume they will fit mine... but is that a good price ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161114611244?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1348wt_1170

Are they easy to fit ?

I am also looking for roof rails, but been holding out for silver ones. It really ticks me off

that Mr T are wanting £100 more for the silvers over the blacks. I fitted the black ones

To my last 4.3 it's an easy job. As for the price, it seems about right for genuine Mr T

Parts. If you look at the photos thread, member called Smiler AS has black ones which

also have the cross rails. Like others on eBay they look as good as the OEM ones and

I have seen them on eBay for between £125 and £150. Could be tempted to blacks at

that price myself.

• Like 1

They're £217 at the Toyota Official store mentioned in an earlier topic

• Like 1

I only got the dearer silverry wans to contrast with my Rav. In the case of Liz's red wan, and your silver, Dave, surely the blacks would give a better contrast too.....? Even more so silver on a silver Rav, Dave.......you would be paying a lot extra to camouflage a very expensive add on, que........?

• Like 1

Dead easy to fit Liz - especially with the resources at your disposal...............

• Like 1

Anyone who can create a spare wheel tailgate where there was none before will be able to fit those rails before breakfast :). (Very simple mod :) )

I agree with Kev.... The black rails would look sweet against the red paint :D

Ref the cross-bars... Not sure about the current 4.3 Toyota ones, but the ones for the RAV4.2 were specifically for those RAV4.2 rails, so no use on any other vehicle. You can get bargain cross-bars at shops like Aldi or LIDL, or premium ones by Thule, which will work on any cars with raised rails. I bought my Thule cross bars for the RAV4.2, but also used them on Qashqai and RAV4.3 and then sold them on to a buyer who had a Qashqai when the RAV was gone, so much more flexibility there.

• Like 1

I am also looking for roof rails, but been holding out for silver ones. It really ticks me off

that Mr T are wanting £100 more for the silvers over the blacks. I fitted the black ones

To my last 4.3 it's an easy job. As for the price, it seems about right for genuine Mr T

Parts. If you look at the photos thread, member called Smiler AS has black ones which

also have the cross rails. Like others on eBay they look as good as the OEM ones and

I have seen them on eBay for between £125 and £150. Could be tempted to blacks at

that price myself.

Thanks... found the pics on page 131

Black / silver looks good... hopefully the same effect for Black / red

Dead easy to fit Liz - especially with the resources at your disposal...............

Classic question from THAT household Liz....."are they easy to fit".......LOL.

You will actually be surprised at the high torque the bolts must be tightened to to hold them doon, but makes sense considering what they may be asked to do.

Cracked it.......Red Rav.......black spare wheel cover.......black wheel arch extensions......dark alloys like Grey Racer.......black roof rails......just call it "Gust"..........mean machine.

Mr O'Hare is busy on his stuff.. :crybaby:

I might give it a go if it is that easy... but don't want to break a nail... lol

Mr O'Hare is busy on his stuff.. :crybaby:

I might give it a go if it is that easy... but don't want to break a nail... lol

Nearly forgot, Liz......fit black tyres too.....all the rage.....

• Like 2

It would be great if they made tyres in different colours...

I would have purple.. my fav colour.

Anyone who can create a spare wheel tailgate where there was none before will be able to fit those rails before breakfast :). (Very simple mod :) )

I agree with Kev.... The black rails would look sweet against the red paint :D

Ref the cross-bars... Not sure about the current 4.3 Toyota ones, but the ones for the RAV4.2 were specifically for those RAV4.2 rails, so no use on any other vehicle. You can get bargain cross-bars at shops like Aldi or LIDL, or premium ones by Thule, which will work on any cars with raised rails. I bought my Thule cross bars for the RAV4.2, but also used them on Qashqai and RAV4.3 and then sold them on to a buyer who had a Qashqai when the RAV was gone, so much more flexibility there.

Beg to differ there, David. The cross-bars from our 4.2 fitted the 4.3 perfectly (before I sold them). Also, the cross-bars from our LC fit the 4.3 - they're nice MB aeros.

Been looking around at roof rails for the RAV after someone nearly broke my...

Found these on Ebay..

I assume they will fit mine... but is that a good price ?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161114611244?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_1348wt_1170

Are they easy to fit ?

Bought mine from here, had a drive up to Huddersfield

and picked them up.

• Like 1

I only got the dearer silverry wans to contrast with my Rav. In the case of Liz's red wan, and your silver, Dave, surely the blacks would give a better contrast too.....? Even more so silver on a silver Rav, Dave.......you would be paying a lot extra to camouflage a very expensive add on, que........?

Agreed Kev, hence the black ones I fitted to my last silver Rav, but sometimes the colours you don't expect to contrast look really good.

Take my pearl white Urban Cruiser as an example, who would have thought the chrome bits I added would look as good against white ?

Now currently, my silver Rav with those nudge nudge wink wink SILVER side steps now fitted, looks great. But at the end of the day it all

comes down to LSD..............................................might have to explain that to some of the younger members.

• Like 1

Agreed Kev, hence the black ones I fitted to my last silver Rav, but sometimes the colours you don't expect to contrast look really good.

Take my pearl white Urban Cruiser as an example, who would have thought the chrome bits I added would look as good against white ?

Oh gawd...........Dave is still on his leather and chrome pimping binge :lol: :lol:

Oh gawd...........Dave is still on his leather and chrome pimping binge :lol: :lol:

Jeez Kingo the last thing I need is for this lot to find out about my leather fetish....................................................................O CR^P

Don't tell them your name Pike :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Hmmmm a bit late Davey old boy..............the cat is well and truely ooot tha bag :lol:

Had forgotten you had other silver bling to co-ordinate with, Dave.

One of ma mates is into leather, chrome, motorbikes....ye might know him.....Harry Davidson......?

***** Kingo the last thing I need is for this lot to find out about my leather fetish....................................................................O CR^P

Don't tell them your name Pike :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I must of missed that.. :eek:

Don't panic Mr Mainwaring.... any pics you want to share ? :rolleyes: :)

They're £217 at the Toyota Official store mentioned in an earlier topic

Better price from me though ;)

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks for your comments guys.. :thumbsup:

New roof rails ordered, and awaiting delivery..

And, I even got someone to help fit them... after I bribed him ( my son )..

I will post some pics when fitted... :D

Thinking of sunroof, or twin exhaust next.. :rolleyes::unsure:

Twin exhaust for sure, Liz. Rails are better as a two person job........dead light but length lends them to swinging aboot and chipping one thing or another. You will marvel at the way the plastic covers fit well on the ends.......maybe worth giving them a wee heat in warm water if fitting on a cold day........they really are a snug fit, and take a fair wee dunt to finally seat.

• Like 1

Sorry, I know its a bit late, I bought aftermarket rails that had a channel on the inside face to allow me to fit cross bars too.

Fitment was exactly the same as OEM and the cross bars are flush with the rails too, il be making full use of them with the snowboard carrier bracket shortly (I hope).

null_zps398dbfef.jpg

I also had silver ones on my previous Rav4 too.

DSC_0427_zps8fe06900.jpg

• Like 1

Wow... those are different.

Thanks, for posting the pics.

I did read about those type ? RAV4 world ? , but didn't know you could get them here..

So the cross bars are held in place permanently ? ( I suppose it stops them from being knicked.. )

Or can you move/remove them ?

Could I ask how did they compare price wise to the OEM ones ?

Great looking RAV btw...

Cross bars slide in the channel so you can remove them, have them both at back or I'm happy to leave them in place, tighten up with a 8mm nut / socket.

Both the rails and cross bars were cheaper than OEM rails on their own.

Worth noting that the OEM rails don't have a channel to accommodate cross rails.