Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lost Rubber From Roof Channel

dwilson

Tempted fate in a recent post when I said our 2007 RAV XT4 was in tip top condition!

Just noticed that on the nearside roof channel where there is a strip of rubber covering the channel the last few inches at the back past a connecting clip is missing. Can anyone help with a description of this strip of rubber or a parts number so that I can Google to try to find one? I suppose I could just take it in to the dealers but I would rather just pop it in myself! I hope this makes sense!

Thanks,

David

Try sending Parts King a pm asking for the part number

• Like 1

Try sending Parts King a pm asking for the part number

Thanks Mike,

David

In the event you do NOT have roof rails, David, is the missing piece of rubber the bit that covers the mounting holes for these rails?

If it is, I will beat Kingo's price hauns doon........free.....fur nowt......nada. Beat that Johnnie..........must not use Johnnie when somebody on looking for a missing rubber, what.....?

In the event you do NOT have roof rails, David, is the missing piece of rubber the bit that covers the mounting holes for these rails?

If it is, I will beat Kingo's price hauns doon........free.....fur nowt......nada. Beat that Johnnie..........must not use Johnnie when somebody on looking for a missing rubber, what.....?

Hi Kev,

I do not have roof rails but I have a channel which is covered with a long central piece of rubber and two very short pieces of rubber at the front and rear with two plastic clips that overlap and presumably hold down the rubber strips. I expect the mounting holes are under the central strip. I just need the rear strip but it looks like it will cost me £25 or so!

If you do have a spare piece of rubber that will save me a lot!

Cheers,

David

Tis a lot better than my price Kevino................

Where's me gun.................. :death::bangin::chair::hammer::gun_bandana:

• Like 1

Hi Kev,

I do not have roof rails but I have a channel which is covered with a long central piece of rubber and two very short pieces of rubber at the front and rear with two plastic clips that overlap and presumably hold down the rubber strips. I expect the mounting holes are under the central strip. I just need the rear strip but it looks like it will cost me £25 or so!

Cheers,

David

PM Sented.

Hi Kev,

Cheers,

David

PM Sented.

Many thanks - email sent

Outcome........nae use me.....sorry.....Kingo wins.....this time.

Never even thought........should HAVE (not should OF ffs.....) checked in to see if Anchorman was soon to be working on a Rav.......he would HAVE (not would OF ffs......) got one for us.

Outcome........nae use me.....sorry.....Kingo wins.....this time.

Never even thought........should HAVE (not should OF ffs.....) checked in to see if Anchorman was soon to be working on a Rav.......he would HAVE (not would OF ffs......) got one for us.

I am very grateful for the time and trouble you took Kevin to try to help me.

I have spent £1250 this year on the RAV: service including air con, MOT, middle section exhaust, front wipers and missing rubber bit. That is on top of the usual road tax, insurance, petrol and depreciation. There is just no cheap way of running a car!

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links