Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mounting Rear Wheel Arch Liner

rajivrattna

I have just bought and mounted rear wheel arch liner and thought I should share it with you all here.

Why?

To cut out noise from rear wheel arch and to protect the area from rust.

What do I need?

A pair of rear wheel arch liner from here or any other place that has it. It gets wedged nicely in place and then is screwed at 6 points along the plastic edge.

http://www.cm-carparts.dk/TOYOTA-AYGO/skarme/18813/229

How do I mount it?

I used these screws. These are used to fix the plastic liner to the plastic part of the car body. No contact with the car metal part.

http://www.harald-nyborg.se/montageskruv-4-2x13-sb-25-borr.html

Do you have pictures?

Yes, attached.

post-7935-0-21178400-1383977106_thumb.jppost-7935-0-27819000-1383977122_thumb.jppost-7935-0-66214900-1383977136_thumb.jppost-7935-0-14559100-1383977148_thumb.jp

I didn't know these existed. Let us know how you get on with them. The only watchout would be for road muck accumulating behind them which could cause corrosion problems down the road.

I have just bought and mounted rear wheel arch liner and thought I should share it with you all here.

Why?

Isn't it cheaper just to turn the stereo up ;)

Why?

Isn't it cheaper just to turn the stereo up ;)

That's what I've been doing for the last 5 years.

I didn't know these existed. Let us know how you get on with them. The only watchout would be for road muck accumulating behind them which could cause corrosion problems down the road.

That applies to almost all wheel arch liners and besides I treated the wheel arch with anti rust last year.

I went out to drive today and i genuinely feel that the noise from the rear of the car and the exhaust sound has decreased.

I paid something like 60 pounds total for two liners and postal charges to Sweden. It should cost the same for UK, I guess.

It may be a good idea to wash the wheel arch and dry and then spray some antirust spray before mounting the liner on the wheel arch. I pushed the liner in place (it wedges itself in situ), checked alignment of the outer rim, the alignment of the front and the rear end of the liner and the position of the plastic hooks on the liner itself and then used a small thin drill to make a pre hole before I screwed in the self drilling screws. As I mentioned earlier, screws to the plastic part of the wheel arch only.

• 8 years later...

Resurrecting a 9 year old topic in the Aygo section may not get much of a result !

• 3 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links