Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lest We Forget

Raistlin

[Remembrancepoppy_zpsfc57b8bb.jpg

They went with songs to the battle, they were young. Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow. They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted, They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning, We will remember them.

They mingle not with their laughing comrades again; They sit no more at familiar tables of home; They have no lot in our labour of the day-time; They sleep beyond England's foam

• Like 2

As Nation we should be ashamed for what we have let this Country become. So many lives lost, still being lost, the enemy are not only across the seas that surround us, they're among us.

Remembrance-day-poppy-007.jpg

"tell them of us and say, For your Tomorrow, we gave our Today"

• Like 2

On the Eleventh hour of the Eleventh hour of the Eleventh day, the guns fell silent ... ... ...

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.

Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.

They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,

They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:

Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.

At the going down of the sun and in the morning,

We will remember them.

They mingle not with their laughing comrades again;

They sit no more at familiar tables of home;

They have no lot in our labour of the day-time;

They sleep beyond England's foam.

• Like 9

Many thanks to every last one of them.........RIP.

• Like 3

An incredible turn out at our local Cenotaph, very emotional, the events of this year on home soil in particular bring the decent people of this country closer together.

R.I.P

• Like 2

I personally do not just remember these poor brave soles at this time of year, I remember them all through the year. Being ex Army and my dad being a Lancaster bomber pilot during WW2, myself and my ex army mates frequently tour the memorials in Belgium, France, Turkey etc, just recently back from Ypres in Belgium and the atmosphere every night at the Menin Gate is a saddening experience. I am wearing my poppy at the moment with pride and have poppies growing in my garden as a constant reminder. Thanks for remembering them.

• Like 1

Hope you have or find time to do Etaples (WW1) too, Boab.........planted two wee saltires on the graves of wife's two great uncles 4 years back....utterly spooky beautiful cemetery........spoke to some Germans doing same as us........not saltires obviously.

Oh........and thanks to you and comrades for the recent work........

I attended the local remembrance parade. My Dad was a Royal Marine and always attended. It's five years now since he died and this was the first time my Mum had felt up to going back. We walked to the memorial with Marine association and I got to meet Swasie Turner who led the parade. An emotive day on many levels..

• Like 1

1395886_10151768726144352_1400096862_n_z

If ever, as the saying goes, a picture paints a thousand words then this is a volume.

Thanks Charlie for sharing this with us.

We have where I live a memorial called The Cadets Cross as this is dedicated to the younger people who gave their all,

I pass it most days and think of them who never grew up but still managed to do a man's job

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links