Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Aftermarket Alloys For Prius T-Spirit.

saul1

Hi All,

Forgive me if this question has been previously asked ( am a complete newbie to Hybrids and their technology ). I have Prius T-spirit 2010 GEN III and would like to change the alloy wheels for some aftermarket ones (mainly cosmetic).

I hope to use the tyres from the existing alloys and had thought that it will be a like for like refit (like my previous cars)

However when I visited my local shop for prices, he had advised that upgrading to aftermarket alloys has a negative impact on the car, mentioning MPG, tuning, etc.

Is there any truth in this? Or did he just not want to serve me?

Saul.

It depends was it a Toyota dealer that you went to or an aftermarket shop? You will find a lot of after market wheels can be heavier than OE wheels unless you go for something like Team Dynamics pro race etc. You will also have to notify your insurance company as well. The bigger the wheel normally the worse MPG you get

Alex

It depends was it a Toyota dealer that you went to or an aftermarket shop? You will find a lot of after market wheels can be heavier than OE wheels unless you go for something like Team Dynamics pro race etc. You will also have to notify your insurance company as well. The bigger the wheel normally the worse MPG you get

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the heads up. It was an independent aftermarket shop I went to. The alloys i am thinking of are these, does anyone know the weight of an oem 17" 5 spoke alloy? Maybe i can compare or something.

Thanks.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links