Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2009 2.0 D4D Avensis Clutch Release Rattle

boxxy

Hi

I have a 2009 old model avensis with 280Km Over the last six months i have a rattle coming from the left hand side of the car, it happens only when i release the clutch on idle.it seems to be getting worse. getting bit worried now

Thanks in advance

possibly dual mass flywheel? Is it still on the original clutch and flywheel on 280,000 km?

Suprisely it's still on the original clutch, I'm the only driver and using it as a taxi since new, afraid it's gonna let go some night on a run stuck out in the sticks

and again............DMF. That could be very costly if it lets go altogether, I would have it investigated properly and done ASAP

Kingo :thumbsup:

Thanks guys ye just gave me a kick up the behind I needed... The old saying "if it ain't broke why fix it" was on to my local garage have it booked in for a minor service so will asked them to have a look, he mentioned it could be clutch release bearing or DMF any ideas as to the cost of the DMF

If it aint broke dont fix it is fine when you are talking about your ball point pen being a bit iffy, but a DMF total failure could be far more expensive than just doing the job and replacing it

There are many threads where (particularly) taxi drivers have gone the solid flywheel route. Get prices of both kits from your local dealer or factor and decide what is best for you

Kingo :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links