Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Touch Up Paint Sticks

Brybro

Hi guys I have been trying to get touch up paint for my 2013 Prius T Spirit in Cabernet Red The dealer has told me that there is no touch up paint for that colour, and that Toyota Technical had advised them that paint repairs should be done with a film pack I was told this cost £48 and that I would have to prepay before it could be ordered. Having been supplied with the pack I can now see why they wanted the money up front. How on earth can a company who can make such a good car believe that sticky back vinyl strips are the answer to stone chips and scratches. Has any one managed to get actual touch up paint for this colour and if so where, any help would be much appreciated

Brybo

I am sure there are online places that will make up kits based on your colour code. Google is your friend.

As for the film pack, take it back and ask for a refund, if you bought it for a particular task and it can't do it then they shouldn't have supplied it, custom order or not you should be able to get a refund.

Rather than quoting the colour name, you need to use the actual colour code (eg for my Auris in Pure White the colour code is 040). Your supplying dealer may have put the colour code in the front of your service book, otherwise think it is on the vehicle identification plate. Once you've got the colour code try sending Parts King a private message asking whether Toyota do a touch up pack for your colour - although I think Toyota are moving over to stickerfix.

Failing that, some Toyota dealers do SMART repairs on stone chips, etc.

From the Prius brochure the colour code for Cabernet Red is 3R9

Got mine direct from Parts King, same colour, still cost me best part of 30 quid as I recall.

Stickerfix is the latest way to supply paint that actually matches your car, this method is usually used for colours that are difficult to match with a traditional touch up paint stick. It actually works very well on certain repairs such as scratches, maybe not so good on a stone chip

Kingo :thumbsup:

Hi guys thank you all for the quick response and very useful replies, I want to try and keep the car in good shape so I can trade for the new model in 2015. So far really enjoying the car and getting some amazing mpg figures, best so far 82.3 and 79.6. Thanks again for your help I hope I have posted this reply in the right place and it gets to everyone who responded.

Brybro

http://www.carpaintrepair.co.uk/acatalog/Car-Touch-Up-Paint.html. A quick google brought up this - haven't tried it so cannot recommend but seems worth a try! Also, I've previously used T-Cut scratch magic - this is a little paint pen with a clear resin type substance that claims to match the colour of the surrounding paint by some kind of refraction. I was a bit suspicious but it was on offer at £3.95 so I tried it on my last lease car to hide a few chips before it went back. To my astonishment it actually worked quite well and chips that had gone back to the white primer (on a titanium grey metallic volvo V70) dissappeared and could only be seen by looking for the slightly raised bump where the "paint" was as true to its word it did seem to carry the colour across from either side. The worst chip was probably showing a whole millimetre of white primer before toching it in.

Thanks Sanzomat reading your post made me remember I brought one of those back from the States on my last trip I will dig it out and give it a try, sounds you had really positive results. Like you after I had bought it I did not see how it could possibly work, now definitely seems worth a go.

Brybro

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links