Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Auris Sr Steering Wheel Controls @ Night

Key

Hi, I hope this topic hasn't been done to death before, & I'm ATM unable to find it.

Should the hands free controls + radio conroller on the steering wheel light up once I've got the main car lights on, during the night.

Thanks Key

The audio controls on my Auris' steering wheel are lit when the main lights are on.

The audio controls on my Auris' steering wheel are lit when the main lights are on.

I have 2007 T Spirit, no illumination on my audio controls :no:

Thanks very much both for your replies, although one Yes, & one No, leaves me it a bit of confused state of mind :D

I'm guessing now that this must be either version type, or year specific.

Is there anyway that you Guys can think of for me to obtain, a yes it should, or no it doesn't response please? If it does I need to request work to be carried out under the warranty, if not, I don't.

BTW this is on a late 2011 1600 cc V-Matic SR version.

Thanks key :)

Not on any I have had, and not on my current Yaris. There was a thread running on here a while back where the OP had the same issue, which caused some debate about safety etc, so his didnt have it either

Kingo :thumbsup:

Just been out to my dark garage on this dull, dismal and wet November day - and the steering wheel controls on my 2012 Auris definitely DO illuminate when the lights are on (although not as bright as our Hyundai). I only have the audio and display controls on my steering wheel.

Just a thought - have you tried adjusting the brightness of the dashboard lighting?

Thanks Parts-King & Mike :)

I've been in touch with TCS via the net & spoken to maybe a Computer but maybe not whichever I was told I think it should be illuminated but not 100% sure, please contact your local dealer, suppose it makes sense really, so I have, I'm currently awaiting a telephoned response, I'll feedback here how this response goes :)

Mike, I hope you didn't get soaked on the way to your garage, the weather here too is pretty YUK

:gun_bandana: You guys had better shoot me quick :)

In the total darkness of night + being inside the garage it looks like my steering wheel switches do actually illuminate TBH Mike when you asked earlier if I'd tried adjusting the brightness of the dashboard lighting, I couldn't figure out where this adjustment could be made, however, I have now, & find the adjustment was turned up to maximum brightness, my conclusion the steering wheel lights switches are about like under powered TOC H lamps :)

Thanks very much indeed folks for the supplied Info :)

Sorry Folks, Mine do in fact light up.

After reading that Mike (frosty balls) first posted, Auris' steering wheel are lit , then nips out (wet/cold) to his garage to check that his is working.

Went out earlier and my audio controls are in fact a warm orange, very nice, I must not have noticed before, had car 3 weeks and still learning.

David

Went out earlier and my audio controls are in fact a warm orange, very nice, I must not have noticed before, had car 3 weeks and still learning.

No problem David, even after retirement every day is still a school day :)

My 2011 tr 1.6 has audio and telephone controls etc and they do light up when headlights are on, although very dimly

Thanks Tony, mine's the same, although TBH until tonight in total darkess I didnt think there were any lights on there at all even street lighting dims them out, even though the dashboard looks nice & bright

Hope I haven't started a slightly furtive subculture amongst Auris owners for creeping out to their garages .....

Hope I haven't started a slightly furtive subculture amongst Auris owners for creeping out to their garages .....

Only after darkness falls in my case :blushing: