Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P1511 - Boost Pressure Low.

donaldfraser_uk

Help please guys. Aygo 08,only 7700 miles.

Engine was idling low & cutting out,& engine management light on.

Dealer said P1511 error is £1500 + vat just for the part.

Went to my local mechanic,who has changed the throttle unit & returned it,but same probs.

Online codes say P1511 is Boost Pressure Low,but nowhere mentions what the actual fix is...

Thanx for the feedback. I will print out & show to my mechanic.

I dont know how relevant the attached is tho,is it is for a turbocharge problem on a 1997 supra.

Surely a 2008 998cc Aygo doesnt have a turbo in it.

As I said I have had a replacement throttle housing from a breaker fitted,but it does'nt seem to have fixed it. Engine management light went out & idled a wee bit better for a day. But then next day ,back to cutting out & low idel speed,& light back on...

I dont know if he reset the ECU Raistlin. I will ask him tomorrow. Would the fault persist if the ECU was not reset ?

Just asking incase my mechanic bull****s me tomorrow,when I ask him...

The pdf download appears to be for a twin turbo 6 cylinder 2JZ-GTE engine? Not for the Aygo

Just the principle of what it does and how to check it... but as its causing confusion I shall remove it ;)

had this problem on my previous car (1.3 CDTI D shape corsa), i solved that by freeing the play in the turbo actuator arm. however, like you mention this can not be the problem in this vehicle as it doesnt have a turbo. supposing you are in the petrol models?

also, to reset your ECU, disconnect your cars Battery. i.e. take all the wires that are connected to it off and put them back this will reset the ECU system

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links