Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A Good Place To Start..

ianfish

For anyone looking for a second hand Rav in the south west, this is a good place to start, nice people, good customer service, www.wdvsouthwestltd.co.uk

That's an interesting selection of 4.2's (with a couple of nice 4.1's as well).

Excellent on-line presentations.

These Ravs certainly hold their value. Some of those 4.2 seem quite pricey though.. Hopefully when I come to part with mine in a couple of years, it'll still be worth something. I'll probably be looking for a 4.3 petrol manual with a full size spare and leather seats. My 4.2 has just nudged through 100'000 miles, so I reckon another few years before it needs replacing.

These Ravs certainly hold their value. Some of those 4.2 seem quite pricey though.. Hopefully when I come to part with mine in a couple of years, it'll still be worth something. I'll probably be looking for a 4.3 petrol manual with a full size spare and leather seats. My 4.2 has just nudged through 100'000 miles, so I reckon another few years before it needs replacing.

Our car is a 4.3 petrol manual with a full size spare and leather seats !!

David

Ye beat me to it there, Bill min........was about to remark and agree with Jamesy that it is a well presented site, but .....shame about the typos when it comes to the prices.........good grief.....can also assure that have seen some of them on there for rather prolonged periods.

• Like 1

Sorry Guys but those prices are unrealistic to say the least.. I think they are appealing to a niche market of overly keen enthusiasts.. Wait a minute that's us !

But try putting those cars details into a valuation site and some are twice what they should be.. Part EX these days is often less than even the valuation site figures...

I was told by a well known and respected company's sale exec (Toyota main dealer) that they would only offer the same if not less for my car in PX as We Buy Any Car would offer and my car is in top condition... Mmmmm

So to pay the figures on that website would be rather foolish IMO...

Sorry Guys but those prices are unrealistic to say the least.. I think they are appealing to a niche market of overly keen enthusiasts.. Wait a minute that's us !

But try putting those cars details into a valuation site and some are twice what they should be.. Part EX these days is often less than even the valuation site figures...

I was told by a well known and respected company's sale exec (Toyota main dealer) that they would only offer the same if not less for my car in PX as We Buy Any Car would offer and my car is in top condition... Mmmmm

So to pay the figures on that website would be rather foolish IMO...

I agree, Charlie, but I always consider the listed price as the starter for negotiation. You can't blame dealers for marking high - if they don't ask then they don't get. And let's face it, your average Brit does not like haggling so very, very often people will pay the price asked by the dealer without question.

And if, as the OP says, this outfit gives good service and are pleasant to deal with then there may well be some useful added value in those prices. You only have to listen to some of the horror stories from victims of some of the car supermarlkets to realise that in the case of second-hand cars, you only get what you pay for.

Looks like quality stock but the prices seem somewhat keen, do you think they've missed BOGOF from the adverts ?

• Like 1

Our car is a 4.3 petrol manual with a full size spare and leather seats !!

David

It's good to know that my preferred spec actually exists!

Interesting what you say about we buy any car and the effect they have had in driving down prices. I always thought wbac were simply !Removed! people desperate for quick cash and it never occurred to me they would affect used car prices. I have always laughed at their ridiculously low prices. I guess a lot of people actually sell their cars to those con men.

Interesting what you say about we buy any car and the effect they have had in driving down prices. I always thought wbac were simply !Removed! people desperate for quick cash and it never occurred to me they would affect used car prices. I have always laughed at their ridiculously low prices. I guess a lot of people actually sell their cars to those con men.

If you think the car prices are bad you should see their motorcycle section - those prices give a whole new meaning to the term "con men". Complete barstools is a better description.

Firemac, my blood was boiling when I saw a spanking new van plastered in we buy any bike logo's at a race meeting in the summer. Two Porsche cayennes turned up, parked in the middle of the main access road blocking it. The guys were so full of it. I just can't see why you would go to them even out of desperation.

Firemac, my blood was boiling when I saw a spanking new van plastered in we buy any bike logo's at a race meeting in the summer. Two Porsche cayennes turned up, parked in the middle of the main access road blocking it. The guys were so full of it. I just can't see why you would go to them even out of desperation.

That's just it, Martin, desperation. These t*@ts play on people's financial circs and the fact that an awful lot of car owners don't know the value of their vehicle. WBAC are the motor trade equivalent of those Wonga barstools.

Don't get me started on those twunts. It's bad enough having their adverts thrown at you all the time.

As you say, not the most ethical business on earth, you're aware it's part of CC Automotive (Carcraft) ? Former near neighbours of mine, behind the cameras, razor wire and panic room.

As you say, not the most ethical business on earth, you're aware it's part of CC Automotive (Carcraft) ? Former near neighbours of mine, behind the cameras, razor wire and panic room.

Yea and I've heard some really bad stories about CC, especially their so-called "after sales care" - now there's a contradiction in terms!

When I was after mine I went there and found them very expensive. They wouldnt give me any more for my bmw in mint cond than any other garage 1200pds and only 66000 miles. I bought a rav in southampton 2yrs newer and 650pds cheaper from a garage. It pays to look around.