Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Good Idea, Or Bad ?

dave.m

Had a run out sunday afternoon, by the time I got back my Rav was filthy. It was late on, but still decided

to give it a quick wash. Trouble is, before I was finished it was starting to get dark, and as the frost had

not lifted all day the water was begining to freeze as I was rinsing. So I thought I would be heavy scraping

this morning unless I dried the windows. Here's the thing, I hate chamoix with a vengence, so got a hold

of my wifes Karcher window washer and sucked the windows dry and it made a great job of it too. Then I

had either a brainwave or a senior moment (you decide) and did the bodywork with it as well.Looked good,

but is it such a good idea to vac your paintwork dry ? Guess its not doing as much if any damage that a

chamois would do if it picks up a piece of grit. :g:

• Like 1

You and your leather stories again? :lol:

I'm sure a vac dry would do no harm, cannot see why you cant do it???

You have reminded me of another subject, glass cleaning on home windows, will make a separate post

Kingo :thumbsup:

Dave.......really owe you one for having the sphericals to ask such a question, as I was given one as a prezzie, a WV75, and have already tried it very successfully. Taught as I have been by such as Charlie, if the car has not been meticulously washed and de-grittified, result could be a serious machine polish follow up, so be very full of care.

So you have one of those Karcher jobbies big boy?

See my post in general section, you won't get a nose bleed if you venture in there........honest!!

Kingo :thumbsup:

Dave.......really owe you one for having the sphericals to ask such a question, as I was given one as a prezzie, a WV75, and have already tried it very successfully. Taught as I have been by such as Charlie, if the car has not been meticulously washed and de-grittified, result could be a serious machine polish follow up, so be very full of care.

Lol, Kev I was hoping Charlie would miss it, but hey it could turn out good or bad but someone has

To have the nuts to try it first I guess. As it happens it looked fine, that little Karcher machine is really

Good. For winter washing now, I reckon I should go with your advice and Charlie's new post about

Power washing and Snow Foam.

Dave don't use one of those devices on paint.....

Japanese paint is very soft indeed.. Polishing and correcting it is easy but inflicting marks and swirls is equally as easy.......

Same with a chammy leather . They are very destructive and the best place for those old fashioned things is lining the bottom of the bin....

Get yersen a good drying towel...

Link.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321236944951?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Not only will this make the job miles faster and far easier but it will preserve that delicate paint as well..

If no towel dry the window with a soft microfibre towel ....

It's a good idea to dry the car after washing it, but I'd just get up a few minutes early and let it thaw out with the heater running.. I've been accused of laziness in the past but I prefer to think of myself as energy efficient.

I spray silicone spray around my door seals to stop them freezing shut in the winter, seem to do the trick.