Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Winter Washing.. The Power Of Ten........

CharlieFarlie

If I ever move from here it will be to a heated 2 car garage with a house attached.

Winter Hint...........when you have finished washing any car, turn off water and remove hose from tap. Switch on pressure washer until hose or hose cartridge has purged all water in it. DO NOT RUN WASHER IN THIS MODE for any longer than necessary, especially in the case of water cooled wans, for what should be obvious reasons......

This will save you having a frozen useless hose, the downside of which is you must bleed all air out of it on next use by running water through WITH WATER PRESSURE ONLY........PRESSURE OFF. I am reliably informed the pumps do not like being airlocked.

This I would welcome being copied anywhere on TOC by anyone who knows how to do it.

Similarly, should anyone have reason to think I have been misinformed (i.e.talking mince......), please inform.

Showing off now but when plumbing in the hot and cold taps a couple of big radiators were added in the garage...

Tried to bribe builder to leave me two plugged microbore "tails" in garage to do just that, Charlie.......anybody who has ever dealt with Persimmon Homes will know that was met with shock and awe.........and naw.......

So long as you have a radiator on an adjacent wall or maybe on the other side. Of the wall it's no big deal to add a radiator or two Kev...

The ammount of insulation I've put into the house is staggering. !! Whole roof off so. 100 mill celotex could be installed and every nook and cranny stuffed with glass fibre or expanding foam. .. Cavitys insulated but not in the normal way we pressurised the cavitys with air to get more material in .. Floors up and insulated with partial under floor heating.. Even replaced the garage door with an insulated roller shutter.. After all energy prices only go one way eh. ??

So to put a couple of radiators in the garage. Just had to be done ....

• Like 1

Winter Hint...........when you have finished washing any car, turn off water and remove hose from tap. Switch on pressure washer until hose or hose cartridge has purged all water in it. DO NOT RUN WASHER IN THIS MODE for any longer than necessary, especially in the case of water cooled wans, for what should be obvious reasons......

This will save you having a frozen useless hose, the downside of which is you must bleed all air out of it on next use by running water through WITH WATER PRESSURE ONLY........PRESSURE OFF. I am reliably informed the pumps do not like being airlocked.

This I would welcome being copied anywhere on TOC by anyone who knows how to do it.

Similarly, should anyone have reason to think I have been misinformed (i.e.talking mince......), please inform.

Showing off now but when plumbing in the hot and cold taps a couple of big radiators were added in the garage...

A nice cosy man-cave is created! :)

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links