Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wet Carpet.

cliffy56

I am getting water in on the passenger side footwell in my 2004 Rav4. Can't see any obvious reasons round the door seals etc.

Don't appear to be losing coolant.

Has anyone had this problem and/or got any suggestions.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers, Cliff.

Does it have a sunroof? The drain chanells may be blocked if it does and water cannot drain away

Kingo :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum Cliff, Further to Kingos post, have you pulled the carpet away from the lower bulkhead and identified whether the body is wet there ? Although you haven't noticed any obvious coolant loss it's worth wetting your finger and tasting for the sweet taste of coolant /anti-freeze. Any recent history to help with diagnosis ? recent windscreen replacement, body repairs etc.

A few drops of food colouring is a useful aid, mixed in a watering can to trace the source of the leak. Start at the top edge of the windscreen .

Water leaks can be horrible to cure.

Hi Cliff and as above welcome.

As it is on the passenger side might be worth checking if the cabin filter is wet.

You may know this but it is found behind the glove box.Open the box and squeeze the sides so it can drop right down and hang there.On mine it is a white rectangle that just clips off.

Just a thought and by the way if you can add more info to your profile I.e.fuel type etc it will help if you need help in the future if you need any other advice from the more learned members on here

Del

• Like 1

Hi Guys, thanks for your replies and suggestions, as soon as I can prise the car away from my Wife I will do checks as you have suggested.

It does have a sun roof which I will look at first, to be honest I think its only been opened twice in the two years we've owned the car, always forget it's there, so is probably the best place to start.

I have updated my profile which hopefully will help if needed in the future.

Cliff.

Might not be the cause but another thing definitely worth checking........

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/151539-rusting-sun-roof-on-a-42/?p=1290045

Thanks for the link, just read the posts, I have a feeling this could be my problem, I think there may be some rust in there, as I say I always forget about the sun roof, thanks for info.

There were some problems with water getting into an electrical connector which passes the wiring loom through the bulkhead too.

I had wet carpets in a Jeep Cherokee once...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qf7G37d-Bro

I can't really help with the cause, but for treating the damp, use a wet and dry carpet cleaner to suck out the water. Then put a big bowl of cheap instant coffee in the car, this will absorb further moisture and stop your windows from misting up. It'll also stop your interior smelling like a wet dog..

Just a reminder that Ravs aren't meant to underwater

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c7fm3QPKC00

Hi Bill,

Thanks for clean up tips, after watching those video clips I'm not really so worried!!

I think it would be a bit of an extreme way of finding a leak, and probably grounds for divorce, she loves her car!!!!