Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trailer Insurance

Smiler AS

Anyone recommend good companies to go with for trailer insurance?

New "big boy toy" for behind the Rav.

You should be able to add it to your car insurance (you have to declare towing anyway iirc) and don't forget to add it to your house insurance if the car insurance doesn't cover it when it isn't attached to your car, as they tend to be "desirable items"

Gus

Try NFU, You don't have to be involved in farming. I would recommend you insure car and trailer with the same company wherever possible, if you're unfortunate and have to make a claim involving both car and trailer it makes things easier. I'm sure they will insist the trailer is data tagged. What type of trailer is it ? I'm assuming it's not a Sunday morning special with a capacity of three bin bags ?

I was with Scottish Equitable -but I found out the hard way that while within the legal towing limit, the RAV isn't really designed for towing ponies . Clutch went mainly due to reversing up a slight incline to get the trailer back into place . I think that uphill reversing is a weak spot. Of course if it's just for taking waste to the tip..

Try NFU, You don't have to be involved in farming. I would recommend you insure car and trailer with the same company wherever possible, if you're unfortunate and have to make a claim involving both car and trailer it makes things easier. I'm sure they will insist the trailer is data tagged. What type of trailer is it ? I'm assuming it's not a Sunday morning special with a capacity of three bin bags ?

No, I've upgraded from the homemade Sunday trailer to an Ifor Wiliams electric tipping trailer with mesh. It's kept in locked garage too but I would be happier if insured. Il try current car insurance and home insurance first, then NFU.

I get free wood from my work, off cuts, perfect for fire at home, use one load, sell next two.

• Like 1

I have a horse trailer I tow with a LR. With "LR insurance" the trailer is insured WHILST towing. I also have an NFU policy (attached to horse insurance policy) on the trailer for all other times. Stipulation is the trailer is wheel clamped to stop theiving.

NB the LR insurance policy is open to all makes! It also covers the car whilst "off road" which most standard policies do not!

Depends what yer looking for.

Dave

NB sorry for the swearing

Haven't got a recommendation - but try Toyota Owners Club insurance http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/insurance

Morning Smiler

We have a trailer scheme so if you would like, I can look at a quote for you?

Feel free to PM me a contact number and time and I'll arrange a call back for you.

Thanks Dan

I have a horse trailer I tow with a LR. With "LR insurance" the trailer is insured WHILST towing. I also have an NFU policy (attached to horse insurance policy) on the trailer for all other times. Stipulation is the trailer is wheel clamped to stop theiving.

NB the LR insurance policy is open to all makes! It also covers the car whilst "off road" which most standard policies do not!

Depends what yer looking for.

Dave

NB sorry for the swearing

The off-road cover is a nice feature. Always good to check the details (my last MTP had a weird quirk where some items were covered if left outside, but not if locked away securely in a workshop (weird, huh!))

Anyone recommend good companies to go with for trailer insurance?

New "big boy toy" for behind the Rav.

Hi,

We've just started a new scheme which can cover most types of domestic trailers. If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.

Regards,

Dan.

Just a half load to see how we got on towing.

Rav pulled the trailer well, no issues at all.

null_zps513d1af0.jpg

null_zpsc78e3505.jpg

• Like 2

Quality trailer Aaron….... :thumbsup:. Off topic Lovely part of the world you live in.