Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Front Discs

Nigebob Squarepants

Last year (MOT time) my Toyota garage advised that the front pads needed replacing (no mention of the discs), this was at 88k on originals, no problem just replace them I said! But I did wonder about the discs, obviously they thought replacement was not necessary! Coming up to MOT time again and the discs are now feeling warped to me.

The question is would you just put new discs on and keep the 12 month old pads or put new pads on as well????

Please bear in mind that I am as tight as a ducks ………! and every penny counts.

Nige min.......sorry mate.....ye need to starve the dug and replace the pads and discs. Can 97% guarantee that the inner faces of the discs will be absolutely bowfin' with corrosion that you cannae see until they are off and in your hands.

Shame.....nice dog too..........can always get a hamster.

• Like 2

Personally new pads every time, I imagine in twelve months you have covered a reasonable mileage, the pads will have worn to the existing discs. Although the consequences of the old pads on new discs are unlikely to result in any brake failure as such, without wishing to sound bolshy it's not best practice to fit old pads on new discs.

Personally new pads every time, I imagine in twelve months you have covered a reasonable mileage, the pads will have worn to the existing discs. Although the consequences of the old pads on new discs are unlikely to result in any brake failure as such, without wishing to sound bolshy it's not best practice to fit old pads on new discs.

Any spare change for a cuppa tea mister!

• Like 2

Change pads and discs.................. You remind me of an old fashioned loaded gun...........tight wad??? :lol:

• Like 2

Any spare change for a cuppa tea mister!

Nice one Nige ! You could put the dog out to stud and earn a few quid, not quite as harsh as BK's suggestion (more fun for fido )…….Anyway, you would look a right 'prawn' with a hamster on a lead.

• Like 1

where’s that No. for Kingo gone!

Hit the PM button, its quicker than trying to ring me :D:

Nige min.......sorry mate.....ye need to starve the dug and replace the pads and discs. Can 97% guarantee that the inner faces of the discs will be absolutely bowfin' with corrosion that you cannae see until they are off and in your hands.

you were saying!

post-87235-0-16006700-1384359129_thumb.j

you were saying!

Even the hamster lives on a shoestring..........unless you shrunk the dug already.......?

• Like 1

If you aren't doing the job yerself the Mr T price for front discs/pads isn't bad.

Mine needed doing at just after 20k miles from brand new (not long after I bought the car) but 40k miles since then they're still fine!!?! Already done double the originals then. Must be down to the higher precision skilled driving it gets now (aka the wife)

Dave

NB just changed the rear pads myself. Easy job!

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links