Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Don't Buy A Toyota Auris Excel Hybrid.

geo13647

Nickoli

You will not have the heating problem as it only affects Right hand drive Auris's. It does not get cold enough in Uk according to Toyota to fit rear vents. It only gets cold where they have LHD cars.

Nickoli

You will not have the heating problem as it only affects Right hand drive Auris's. It does not get cold enough in Uk according to Toyota to fit rear vents. It only gets cold where they have LHD cars.

Well, fact is I haven't found any rear vents in my LHD H2+ trim level TS. Perhaps you could enlighten me as to their location?

Sounds like they may only apply to LHD markets that suffer cold weather? Norway, Finland etc?

Yeah. Problem is I think Toyota is wrong not considering Denmark a cold country. My wife is Japanese and she's cold all the time in Denmark :disgust:

Yeah. Problem is I think Toyota is wrong not considering Denmark a cold country. My wife is Japanese and she's cold all the time in Denmark :disgust:

They make some odd decisions - in the Gen 1 and 2 Prius, Portugal got heated door mirrors, the UK didn't!

Go figure :blush:

According to Wikipedia, Denmark has a temperate climate - characterised by mild winters and cool summers - and not as cold as other Nordic countries like Sweden and Norway. Whereas the UK has a wider variation.

No doubt Sweden and Norway are colder. I wasn't, however, aware that the variation within the UK is wider than in Denmark. We have had some pretty cold winters lately.

No doubt Sweden and Norway are colder. I wasn't, however, aware that the variation within the UK is wider than in Denmark. We have had some pretty cold winters lately.

Just looked on wiki and it says Denmark has winters averaging 0c and summer around 16c, whereas the UK ranges from -15c to 35c, though I guess that ranges from Cornwall to the north of Scotland.

Couldn't you just buy a Norwegian model?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denmark#Climate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom#Climate

They make some odd decisions - in the Gen 1 and 2 Prius, Portugal got heated door mirrors, the UK didn't!

Go figure :blush:

its actually up to the local general importer to decide what features to include in the car. toyota just creates some packages to pick from.

and then it all comes down to money and deciding what features your local buyers might be interested in the most.

FYI: I have a 2013 Auris HSD (not the Touring Sport) with the top spec package (don't remember the name right now, probably different from the UK name anyway) and I have heating in the backseat. Well, at least I'm 99% sure of it, I haven't been able to actually see the vents but I definitely feel warm air coming from under the front seats. The vents are also mentioned in the user manual, but it also says "not on all models".

(And knock on wood: haven't had any issues with the 12v Battery. Also haven't heard about any other Swedish owners having these issues.)

Auris Hybrid Executive?

As already said LHD Auris,s have vents under the front seat connected RHD do not. I have the parts lists for both which clearly show what parts are needed to get heat to the rear but they are only applicable to LHD vehicles. There may be a good technical reason but I suspect its another idiotic marketing one as Toyota Customer Relations came up with a load of rubbish. The holes in the floor plan are there but are not connected to the heater.

FYI: I have a 2013 Auris HSD (not the Touring Sport) with the top spec package (don't remember the name right now, probably different from the UK name anyway) and I have heating in the backseat. Well, at least I'm 99% sure of it, I haven't been able to actually see the vents but I definitely feel warm air coming from under the front seats. The vents are also mentioned in the user manual, but it also says "not on all models".

(And knock on wood: haven't had any issues with the 12v battery. Also haven't heard about any other Swedish owners having these issues.)

In my Manual (Danish mid trim H2+) in the section called "heating"/"Vents", theres only a mention of the 4 vents in the front. I should very much like to see the technical stuff describing the connection of air vents in the back. Come to think of it, one night driving home from a visit, when the car had this problem of "going cold", wife said she felt cold. I increase zircon temp. and selected the "feet and torso" setting and wife said she felt warmer around the feet. Perhaps an e-mail to Toyota Denmark is in order...

(And knock on wood: haven't had any issues with the 12v battery. Also haven't heard about any other Swedish owners having these issues.)

In my Manual (Danish mid trim H2+) in the section called "heating"/"Vents", theres only a mention of the 4 vents in the front. I should very much like to see the technical stuff describing the connection of air vents in the back. Come to think of it, one night driving home from a visit, when the car had this problem of "going cold", wife said she felt cold. I increase zircon temp. and selected the "feet and torso" setting and wife said she felt warmer around the feet. Perhaps an e-mail to Toyota Denmark is in order...

Here's a screen shot from the Swedish manual. That's really all it mentions about the rear vents.post-135080-0-36339800-1390334892_thumb.

Here's a screen shot from the Swedish manual. That's really all it mentions about the rear vents.attachicon.gifmanual.png

Same pic in my manual, I have just discovered. Alas, I don't have den. :(

In the cars I've had which have had vents beneath the front seats for heating/ventilating the rear footwells, the vents were not controllable, so the owners manuals never said much about their operation - aside from showing where the air flow comes out.

Nicolai - are you saying that your car doesn't have rear vents beneath the front seats?

Incidentally In that case, rather than all LHD Auris having rear heater vents - from Nicolai's reply, his LHD Danish market Auris doesn't - it must be down to a decision by the individual country's sales organisation to decide whether or not to include these vents as part of that country's spec.

The design and development of European market Toyota's lies with Toyota Europe Design and Development - based in France - not Toyota GB or Toyota Motor Manufacturing UK.

After 3 months of ownership I have received a questionnaire from GfK opinion polls about my car. It says that Toyota greatly value the opinions of their customers. After 3 months of reading list members' comments I wonder about that. Is there any point in filling this thing in ? Interestingly there are 8 pages worth of boxes to tick and only 2 inches of space left for me to write a personal comment about what aspects of the car I do not like or would wish to be improved. That in itself must tell you something.

Your comments please. I am happy to spend a miserable weekend filling it in,especially if my favourite football club get knocked out of the FA cup.

After 3 months of ownership I have received a questionnaire from GfK opinion polls about my car. It says that Toyota greatly value the opinions of their customers. After 3 months of reading list members' comments I wonder about that. Is there any point in filling this thing in ? Interestingly there are 8 pages worth of boxes to tick and only 2 inches of space left for me to write a personal comment about what aspects of the car I do not like or would wish to be improved. That in itself must tell you something.

Your comments please. I am happy to spend a miserable weekend filling it in,especially if my favourite football club get knocked out of the FA cup.

It's hard to make statistics out of written comments.. ;)

GfK deliver these services across a range of motor manufacturers - so the form is probably a standardised format which is tweaked for each manufacturer.

The majority of people who contribute to forums, initially do so because they have an issue with the product that forum deals with.

As regards completing the form, it is really down to personal choice. If you don't whatever comments or thoughts you wish to convey won't be seen/heard. I also suspect that the free space for comments on these forms doesn't actually carry huge importance compared to the majority of the form, which is usually tick boxes.

I have had one experience where completing a similar form for Mazda had positive results for me. This was when we had the coil pack and HT lead on our Mazda 2 fail, and we had a 10 week wait for a new HT Lead until I insisted Mazda UK fit the equivalent Ford part. I completed the opinion form after the car's first service - 2 months after the HT lead was replaced. Within 2 weeks. a senior manager in Mazda UK customer services phoned me, and, after stating the service received wasn't typical, instructed the case manager to write to me with the offer of Mazda UK paying for the next service. I used the offer for the second service - saved me £300.

So, in my experience, manufacturers do take these forms seriously.

• Like 1

That's good to know Mike. In that case I'll fill it in and let you know if i get any feedback.

Just received an e-mail from Toyota DK:

My car DOES have vents for passengers' feet. To my defense, though, seller advised me to check if floor mats are blocking them. I never considered them being in the floor... Will have to check!

Usually the rear vents are not actually in the floor, but are usually plastic trunking/mouldings or similar which lie on top of the carpet very close to the floor. So it is feasible that misplaced rear footwell mats could affect any flow of air from these vents.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links