Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service.

Paulus17

Well after much contact from our local Toyota dealer via phone,email,letters,text,regarding our service and reminding us that the breaks and tyres needed doing,we finally gave in and gave the Rav to my mate who is back up and running i'm glad to say. :thumbsup:

He picked it up Tuesday night and we got it back yesterday evening with an oil change and new anti freeze.Breaks were checked and are fine with plenty of life left in em.

Two tyres will need replacing in about 3k miles and all is ok,touch wood, with the rest of the Rav.

Total cost nothing just the cost of the oil which i bought a couple of years ago.

Nice one, Paul.

Can I have contact details for "my mate"? I really like those prices! :laughing: :laughing:

• Like 2

Toyota have advised brakes and/or discs needed replacing on all the five Ravs we've owned..sometimes within a year from new.

Seems to be a favourite little earner ;-)

Toyota have advised brakes and/or discs needed replacing on all the five Ravs we've owned..sometimes within a year from new.

Seems to be a favourite little earner ;-)

I used to get the old "corrosion on the rear/front/nearside/offside* brake pipe - we can clean it up and grease it for you for £100, sir" (* - delete as appropriate). Nearly always complete b0ll*cks.

And of course, years back, a lot of dealers made a fortune out of charging for a full can of brake cleaner on every car serviced. that must have been an incredible little earner!

Actually he does do pick ups but just local-ish. ;)

We have been mates since our early school days and we just do each other favours and we only pay for parts that he has to get for our cars he usually doesn't charge us for his time.

He's saved us £300 or more now if we had have gone to the Toyota dealer i'm sure it would have cost us a lot more?

My sister in law took her Rav the other week for a full service to the main dealer,one new tyre and front brakes/discs and it cost her nearly £800 :jawdrop:

Actually he does do pick ups but just local-ish. ;)

We have been mates since our early school days and we just do each other favours and we only pay for parts that he has to get for our cars he usually doesn't charge us for his time.

He's saved us £300 or more now if we had have gone to the Toyota dealer i'm sure it would have cost us a lot more?

My sister in law took her Rav the other week for a full service to the main dealer,one new tyre and front brakes/discs and it cost her nearly £800 :jawdrop:

That's a nice situation, Paul. Make sure he stamps/signs your service book just to keep the history complete. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links