Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

French Rav Offer

Mike JD

From just under 20k, that's for a 2wd. Prices start from 22.500 here but as we know there are some very good deals around. The 'lounge' model which I imagine is our Invincible equivalent starts at around 30k which is dearer. Maybe it comes with a granite fireplace and solid oak flooring..

• Like 2

Sorry my French is too poor to translate!

David

Hi David,

Try copying the text into http://www.babelfish.com/

The translation will be pretty odd but you will get the general idea. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Mike D

David

* Exceptional price TTC advised LECAP RAV4 D-4D 124 2WD new, according to 10/04/2013 price, discount € 2000 and Prime Toyota of € 1,700 deducted for the recovery of a vehicle (Cote ArgusTM + 1700 € See Terms of ArgusTM below).

Model shown: RAV4 (Range 2013) Life 150 D-4D AWD (with Metallic paint € 600) to € 29,590 incl advisable discount € 2000 and Prime Toyota of € 1,000 deducted for the recovery of a vehicle ( Cote ArgusTM + € 1000, see Terms of ArgusTM below).

Offer not combinable, available to individuals, valid participant in the Toyota network in France for any order from a previous RAV4 from 01/10/2013 to 31/12/2013.

Terms of ArgusTM: Reversal of your old vehicle to the general conditions of ArgusTM particular function: the course of the day ArgusTM recovery, mileage, potential costs of repair and condition standard deduction of a reduction of 15% for professional fees and expenses (refer to the full terms ArgusTM for more details).

Mixed consumption (L/100 km) and CO2 emissions (g / km) / NEW RAV4: from 4.9 to 7.3 and 127 to 176 (C to E). CE approved data.

• Like 1

Could Jolly-Friar buy one and do a write up about changing it to RHD with a spare on the back?

• Like 1

Could Jolly-Friar buy one and do a write up about changing it to RHD with a spare on the back?

She'd earn a star for that?

Can we have the same offer in Spain please!! :g:

Can we have the same offer in Spain please!! :g:

I would have thought that it would be worth your while to drive across the border and buy one ;)

Ainsley, Website says they are doing 2700 off a 120 4x2... You don't want one of them?

Yes would love one, though I have to say, I am really fond of my current 4.2, but it is getting long in the tooth. Imports into Spain are an expensive pain, and I need 4WD for where we live. Might have a chat with my local dealer though!!

David

* Exceptional price TTC advised LECAP RAV4 D-4D 124 2WD new, according to 10/04/2013 price, discount € 2000 and Prime Toyota of € 1,700 deducted for the recovery of a vehicle (Cote ArgusTM + 1700 € See Terms of ArgusTM below).

Model shown: RAV4 (Range 2013) Life 150 D-4D AWD (with Metallic paint € 600) to € 29,590 incl advisable discount € 2000 and Prime Toyota of € 1,000 deducted for the recovery of a vehicle ( Cote ArgusTM + € 1000, see Terms of ArgusTM below).

Offer not combinable, available to individuals, valid participant in the Toyota network in France for any order from a previous RAV4 from 01/10/2013 to 31/12/2013.

Terms of ArgusTM: Reversal of your old vehicle to the general conditions of ArgusTM particular function: the course of the day ArgusTM recovery, mileage, potential costs of repair and condition standard deduction of a reduction of 15% for professional fees and expenses (refer to the full terms ArgusTM for more details).

Mixed consumption (L/100 km) and CO2 emissions (g / km) / NEW RAV4: from 4.9 to 7.3 and 127 to 176 (C to E). CE approved data.

Thanks Charlie.

Yes would love one, though I have to say, I am really fond of my current 4.2, but it is getting long in the tooth. Imports into Spain are an expensive pain, and I need 4WD for where we live. Might have a chat with my local dealer though!!

Imports into Spain are an expensive pain. How so, Ainsley? Both EU members so there won't be any VAT or other taxes, no exchange issues, etc. Surely it can't be any worse than bringing it to UK? When we brought our RAV4 back from France, it only required registering with DVLA - admittedly their grasping little hands were out but it wasn't an enormous sum by any means.

Well living next door in Portugal, I can tell you that it's not called a tax but it is a registration fee in order to get the Portuguese number plate (which you must have if the car is going to be here longer than 6 mths), and it is ridiculously high. Portuguese new car tax is based on engine size and is massive once you get over about 2 litres, which is why hardly anyone has a car of more than that capacity. A new top RAV, your "invincible" (150hp with all the trimmings) retails at 48 000 euros for the manual and 55 000 for the auto. I'm sure most Portuguese would certainly like to get one from Belgium where the same car - actually with more trimmings - is 41k in manual form and 42k for the auto! But you can guess what the "registration fee" will be... You don't have that huge fee in the UK so there is no issue. Portugal isn't the only country to have this "protectionist" measure, I guess Spain and several of the Scandinavian countries do, and I know that a friend retired from here to Malta taking his nice ex-company car with him - and promptly brought it back again as he'd have had to pay half the value of the car to register it as Maltese.

Because of this, the prices carry on through to the second hand market as well, meaning most cars here sell for double what they would be in the UK. When I first arrived ten years ago, I paid 500 euros for a 1986 Seat Marbella - that's a cheap Fiat Panda copy! - which would have been scrapped 10 years previously in the UK.

• Like 1

My cousin lives in Denmark, he nearly cried when he found out how much it would be to import his beloved Daytona 1200 Triumph into Denmark from the UK, at the time (a few years back) it was almost as much as the bike was worth

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well living next door in Portugal, I can tell you that it's not called a tax but it is a registration fee in order to get the Portuguese number plate (which you must have if the car is going to be here longer than 6 mths), and it is ridiculously high. Portuguese new car tax is based on engine size and is massive once you get over about 2 litres, which is why hardly anyone has a car of more than that capacity. A new top RAV, your "invincible" (150hp with all the trimmings) retails at 48 000 euros for the manual and 55 000 for the auto. I'm sure most Portuguese would certainly like to get one from Belgium where the same car - actually with more trimmings - is 41k in manual form and 42k for the auto! But you can guess what the "registration fee" will be... You don't have that huge fee in the UK so there is no issue. Portugal isn't the only country to have this "protectionist" measure, I guess Spain and several of the Scandinavian countries do, and I know that a friend retired from here to Malta taking his nice ex-company car with him - and promptly brought it back again as he'd have had to pay half the value of the car to register it as Maltese.

Because of this, the prices carry on through to the second hand market as well, meaning most cars here sell for double what they would be in the UK. When I first arrived ten years ago, I paid 500 euros for a 1986 Seat Marbella - that's a cheap Fiat Panda copy! - which would have been scrapped 10 years previously in the UK.

Oh well. I guess they have to do something to pay off the German loans.

Imports into Spain are an expensive pain. How so, Ainsley? Both EU members so there won't be any VAT or other taxes, no exchange issues, etc. Surely it can't be any worse than bringing it to UK? When we brought our RAV4 back from France, it only required registering with DVLA - admittedly their grasping little hands were out but it wasn't an enormous sum by any means.

Thanks Jim,

I was just talking to a friend, who is importing his Merc into Spain. It is RHD, 2008, and the import duty is €3500, and same as Portugal, the import taxes are punitive. Call it a tax for living in the sun!!!

Thanks Jim,

I was just talking to a friend, who is importing his Merc into Spain. It is RHD, 2008, and the import duty is €3500, and same as Portugal, the import taxes are punitive. Call it a tax for living in the sun!!!

Don't understand, Ainsley. If thcar is coming in from outside EU then it makes sense that there will be duty. But within EU, there is an open market so no duty or taxes are supposed to apply. They must have some interesting wording on these levies to get around the various EU treaties.

I don't know what the tax is or whats its called, its not VAT, but the cousins bike had to be sold in the UK when he moved because the "duty" was as much as the bike was worth

Even with the "common market" of the EU, there is a massive amount of variation in duties and taxes and not a European wise equalisation ... As well as vehicle registration fees, think fuel duties and stamp duty on property for just two.

I think Ireland has quite a high car registration fee as well.

There used to be a very big amount of business people buying brand new unregistered cars in Denmark and bringing them into the UK, because the vehicle related taxes were so high in Denmark, the base price of the vehicle had to be quite a bit lower to give people the chance of affording one!

Even with the "common market" of the EU, there is a massive amount of variation in duties and taxes and not a European wise equalisation ... As well as vehicle registration fees, think fuel duties and stamp duty on property for just two.

I think Ireland has quite a high car registration fee as well.

There used to be a very big amount of business people buying brand new unregistered cars in Denmark and bringing them into the UK, because the vehicle related taxes were so high in Denmark, the base price of the vehicle had to be quite a bit lower to give people the chance of affording one!

Yes, I recall that there used to be big traffic in new cars from Belgium which was caused by the fact that UK prices were so much higher than in the rest of EU. That only stopped when the UK importers began losing so much business to perdonal imports that they finally reduced their prices accordingly.

Many years ago, it was worth importing from Europe, especially Germany, then along came the euro, and spoilt the fun. We imported a SLK, and saved around 6 grand.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links