Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

General Discussions

Red Yaris 54

Did you know there was a Forum called General Discussions? It is where you can post non-RAV stuff? Feel free and visit ;)

Did you know there was a Forum called General Discussions? It is where you can post non-RAV stuff? Feel free and visit ;)

Yeah, like the poor Avensis owner who is looking for help. Might get a better response in the Avensis section don't ya think?

Yeah, like the poor Avensis owner who is looking for help. Might get a better response in the Avensis section don't ya think?

Keep up......That has been moved and already commented on by Hoovie ;)

Ah, General Discussions ...

Feel free to move my post to the appropriate non-RAV forum, Oh Yaris of the pink hue.

"I wandered lonely as a Cloud

That floats on high o'er Vales and Hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd

A host of dancing Daffodils;

Along the Lake, beneath the trees,

Ten thousand dancing in the breeze"

Just seemed appropriate poem for some areas of TOC currently.

Ah, General Discussions ...

Feel free to move my post to the appropriate non-RAV forum, Oh Yaris of the pink hue.

"I wandered lonely as a Cloud

That floats on high o'er Vales and Hills,

When all at once I saw a crowd

A host of dancing Daffodils;

Along the Lake, beneath the trees,

Ten thousand dancing in the breeze"

Just seemed appropriate poem for some areas of TOC currently.

Whatever you are on........Can I have some please? ;) :p

Or have you been sniffing around your filler cap? :)

Had been there for over a day when I replied to it earlier. I'm surprised Raistlin didn't think to move it when he responded to it?

I was led to believe it's a kind of black hole, Geoff from Hull accidentally went in there many years ago seeking advice on his 1974 Toyota Crown and hasn't been seen or heard of since….. :bored:

• Like 2

Had been there for over a day when I replied to it earlier. I'm surprised Raistlin didn't think to move it when he responded to it?

Thank you for pointing that out :)

So it's true that you RAV owners venture out of the RAV forum occasionally :p

Moderators lead a busy life generally and are grateful when given assistance as you did.....Thank you :)

I was led to believe it's a kind of black hole, Geoff from Hull accidentally went in there many years ago seeking advice on his 1974 Toyota Crown and hasn't been seen or heard of since….. :bored:

Didn't think that Geoff from Hull was still a member on here.........He scrapped his 1974 Toyota Crown when he realised that getting spares from the General Discussion Forum was not the way to go :p

I think he has subsequently curled his toes up :(

• Like 1

I hereby humbly request that this post be moved to the WANTED section as it seems to be a recruitment ad

Looks like my smileys have gorn there

Del

• Like 1

mods have a very busy life so we should indeed help the, as much as possible. It is only fair as they sometimes are overworked.

Steve, feel free to move your post (and any other chattels) to a location of your choice

Edited by Red Yaris 54
spam advertising link removed

I feel that this Topic should remain in situ to show just how ridiculous it is to post Non RAV topics in the RAV forum.........After all I would not wish to be accused (wrongly) of moving topics from RAV to another forum :)

As regards retirement homes David, I took an early retirement about 5 years ago and have made provision for my care.

Please refrain from adding spam advertising links in your posts!........It takes up valuable time from my busy life when I have to remove them :)

Just made first foray into the desert of General Discussions (News section) or as it should better be known as Raistlins Corner.

Have to admit found it surprisingly entertaining,could be start of a weekly visit.

Go on take a peek.

Red. If I hover my mouse over your signature it tries to sell me brake pads for a merc 180 from Amazon. My signature will point you at fuel filters. These are spam links that somebody has allowed to run because they are making money out of them and Hoovie is a TOC supporter so I suggest you leave his signature alone and an apology wouldn't go amiss.

Your posting of a "general subject" in the RAV section does for me what one on many RAV subjects that don't interest me - bike racks, dog guards, caravans etc. I simply don't often open them and if your inane attempt to prove a rather invalid point became a regular thing I would just ignore it too. Its like a kind of legalised trolling that you do in the midnight hours and I will be talking to Steve about it and your suitability as a moderator.

If I found a member or browser trying to get advice on a Corolla in the Aygo section I would point them in the right direction as I often do when a US owner needs some advice on an engine we don't use. If I saw a Avensis owner wanting to tell his peers about a weekend in the Lakes I would leave it alone as he probably intends it to be there.

Can I appeal to you to stop this as it is doing the TOC no good.

• Like 1

Moderators should operate quietly, sensitively and unobtrusively in the background. They are also fully accountable for what they do, and are "in post" only as long as the membership thinks they are worthwhile and doing a valuable job.

I think that RY54 should consider his position on this.

The preceding two contributors I have the utmost respect for hereon..........honestly cannot believe you would address this person by PUBLIC post. Please do not take offence. Since WhoTF is called Steve and this troll is called Steve, could they be one and the same.....? Please tread gently......I am more and more convinced you are dealing with someone who is indeed "unwell".......

Big TreVOR..........my middle name being used to hide my identity, so as not to be identified as contributing and feeding someone who

may need help..........being on here now really does insult my limited intelligence. I shall certainly contribute no more

to this particular drivel.

• Like 1

Red. If I hover my mouse over your signature it tries to sell me brake pads for a merc 180 from Amazon. My signature will point you at fuel filters. These are spam links that somebody has allowed to run because they are making money out of them and Hoovie is a TOC supporter so I suggest you leave his signature alone and an apology wouldn't go amiss.

Your posting of a "general subject" in the RAV section does for me what one on many RAV subjects that don't interest me - bike racks, dog guards, caravans etc. I simply don't often open them and if your inane attempt to prove a rather invalid point became a regular thing I would just ignore it too. Its like a kind of legalised trolling that you do in the midnight hours and I will be talking to Steve about it and your suitability as a moderator.

If I found a member or browser trying to get advice on a Corolla in the Aygo section I would point them in the right direction as I often do when a US owner needs some advice on an engine we don't use. If I saw a Avensis owner wanting to tell his peers about a weekend in the Lakes I would leave it alone as he probably intends it to be there.

Can I appeal to you to stop this as it is doing the TOC no good.

well said

Big TreVOR..........

NO.......................................................

IT COULDN'T POSSIBLY BE................SURELY NOT ????

IS THIS THE RETURN OF TVOR ??????????????

AFTER ALL THIS TIME ?

All shall be Revelled.........ah love the coffee wans......

All shall be Revelled.........ah love the coffee wans......

:sick: :sick:

I have always regarded a forum as a kind of virtual pub, where like-minded gather to have a chat about what interests them, sometimes about what brought them together in the first place, but often about things nothing to do with that thing, so a bit like a club ( ;) )

Now I don't know about anyone else, but if I am in the pub, and would like to chat about something unrelated to that original common thing with my mates, I wouldn't interrupt a conversation, but on the other hand, I don't expect to be told to go into another room and sit there amongst the tumbleweeds waiting for someone to happen by who may want to join in. Ok, if no one wants to talk about what I did, that is fair enough, but being sent off to another place is not.

Now in my own case, I actually no longer have a RAV4 - or in fact a Toyota at all. Does that mean I no longer have anything to talk about with people who are my friends on this forum (both virtual and physical)? Apparently that would be the case, and it would seem that I will have to turn into that old bloke you see in the corner of most pubs, nursing a half of bitter and listening in, occasionally piping up with anecdotal "I remember when I had one of those ..." type mutterings.

No point in continuing this conversation further as in the virtual pub I am in, a barman with no life and accidental authority can move the virtual tables without asking the people sitting at them despite all the customers telling him to butt out.

Ah well .....

".....

They're watching every move we make

We're all included on the list

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

The lunatics have taken over the asylum

...."

• Like 3

David,

Rav or no Rav (at the moment) with your 4000+ posts (and Supporter status) I believe you have earnt your honorary chair at the RAV Club and I for one always enjoy your posts. So stay fast!

Cheers,

David

• Like 1

Oh and meant to add I just checked a few other fora.

When topics are moved the thread stays in place saying "moved" and the polite ones give a reason for moving.

Not a lot to ask.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links