Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis Caliper Carrier

Pete W

Hi, i've got a 2000 2.0 VVTI estaste, and just been in for MOT. He says the sliders, and carriers for front brakes are worn, and need replacing. I've had a look on e-bay, but can't really find anything i need. Does anyone know where to get these without going to main dealer. Thanks.

id just go to a scrappy and look for a decent set of callipers mate.

check your brake disc size and compare with donor car first as there is sometimes variants of disc/calliper on certain specs.

once you have a good pair of callipers

make sure the bleed nipples are good to remove and don't snap before you buy them

remove slider boots

clean up sliders and caliper

re grease with a good white grease suitable for the heat or even copper grease does a job.

batter it all back together

good plan to get some braided hoses while the callipers are off too if you have the funds

• Like 1

haha I know mate its just the way I express masel coz am a weegie lol.

yeah I do it the oldschool way and use the media blaster and all that jazz but the scrappy still have their uses for older cars, I don't like paying dealer prices when I see them getting parts deliveries from dingbro giving their storemen the cheapest of drivetec stuff lol

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links