Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2001 2.0 D4D Avensis

eddiesharkey84

As it says i start it up and its very dead in first and second and third turbo doesnt kick in.when its warm its pretty much the same low revs after 3000 its slowly builds up but no turbo power.

egr valve was disconnected and its still the same,no burst pipes , no smoke either or noises, am baffled as i near had car sold only for the buck to notice the power issue so i want itsorted before i move her on any ideas lads

yours may be the one with the scv issues as found on the rav 4 early d4d engines

do a youtube search

easy to change

• Like 1

So its a costly fix your talking bout the valves behind the fuel pump is it cheers for the info

I think it is the MAF.

When I drove my brothers diesel Ford Galaxy a few years back, it had no go from the mid range up.

I told him there is something wrong and to get the MAF sensor checked. He always gently accelerated the car, so he hardly noticed the problem until he needed the power. He got it sorted the very next service and the difference was impressive.

I am not up with the diesel engine, but you will find the info on the MAF sensor in the forum.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Konrad

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links