Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Few Questions For A New Yaris Owner

Mrsyaris2008

Recently bought a 2008 sr yaris diesel, few questions.. should the central locking button light up on the door? and also should the steering wheel controls light up ?

with the central locking, when i unlock with my key the drivers back door wont open unlock i actually press the unlock button inside the car? is this because i have the child lock on?

Hi Nicola,

Welcome to the forum. The switches / controls you mentioned aren't illuminated…... Child locks don't prevent the doors from being opened from the outside, I suspect you have either a sticking or faulty door actuator.

Did you buy the car from a Toyota dealer ?

I wonder if this is a developing fault in the Mk2 Yaris? You're the third person to mention a problem with the driver-side passenger door central locking in recent days! :eek:

It's ok, I figured out I have to double press the central lock button to unlock the back doors :-)

It's ok, I figured out I have to double press the central lock button to unlock the back doors :-)

Hmm. Ours is 2008 and that isn't the case with it. (2 clicks of the lock button to deadlock; 1 click of unlock does all 5 openings.)

So I'd suspect what was mentioned above - sticky actuator - and two kicks of the power is enough to shift it. But for how long?