Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pip Wheels

Sagitar

I am not normally concerned about cosmetic issues but I must say that I find the plastics covers on the PiP wheels a bit of a turn off.

Today I pulled off the covers and was pleasantly surprised by the appearance of the allow wheels hidden by them. Nicely finished in hard, polished, shiny, black.

When I spoke to the bloke who sold me the car and said how ugly I found the covers, he said "you don't have to keep them on".

So, two questions. Do you know of any good reason why I shouldn't drive the car without the covers?

Do you know if there is a centre cap with a Toyota logo that will fit the hole in the centre of the wheel?

I'm told they make a small difference to the aerodynamics.

personally, I like them because if they get knocked they're a lot cheaper than a new alloy...

Hi Sagitar,

I agree with you and removed mine shortly after buying it. Try emailling parts king with

Toyota Genuine Parts 42603-52110 Alloy Wheel Center Cap

They are chrome and i am sure that the one's that I bought from Burrows motors for around £20 .

I have also seen black cap with toyota emblem in google.

Similar to the gen3 T3 then ;)

Pop off the plastics and hey, there's alloys under there.

Exactly the same wheels and trim - another reason I wanted a plugin until I found out about the missing spare wheel!

My Yaris has alloy wheels without covers and I was denied the choice when I ordered it. I don't like alloys with big gaps between the spokes because the rain gets in and makes the brake discs rusty. On my previous car (Seat Leon) I had the same problem and the discs rusted to MOT fail state in 2 years. It only happens on the offside because the car lives in a carport when I'm home.