Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Liteace..... Just Me Then ?

Road2Manchester

Is anybody there ??? The Lite ace caught my eye on eBay, so much so, I bought it.

1992 K reg Diesel, I didn;t expect much from the quirky and classic looks and I was right.

The diff is from another planet and makes the van slower than expected from a 2 ltrs engine. The noise is earplug friendly and its frankly too narrow for my 20 stone frame.

50mph and its had enough, though in the first week I have managed 400 miles, overloaded and towing a half ton compressor all over the UK,

It has a charm, and with its rust free body and sub £800 pound price it has paid for itself aleady.

MY QUESTION is can I change the differential to something a bit more 'motorway' friendly.

Any help would be appreciated.

regards

R2M

post-136057-0-42070400-1385067500_thumb.

• 1 month later...

That seems to be a very hard question.

You could change the back wheels/tyres to a larger size given you a free painless way of increasing the final ratio.

• 1 month later...

i have an 89 km36 liteace with the 5K motor and same issue with wanting better cruising. if you can find a townace about 1990- 1992 chassis CR21 the diff in that should just bolt in. mine has a 4.778:1 diff (E362 on the id tag below the drivers seat) and im looking for a 4.3:1 (E282) this will drop the revs by a good amount. a bit hard to find and a bit slower on the takeoff.

• 1 year later...

Flippin bottom pulley fell off, Can't figure out what shape the key way is and what exactly holds it on... How de ell I am supposed to find the part number for that I will never know.....

• 1 month later...

oh dear you mean fell off while the engine was running?, :dontgetit: yikes!, or fell off while you were tinkering around changing the timing belt? The woodruff key will be slightly curved convex one side and that side slots into the slightly concave slot at the end of the crank. It's held on by the pulley itself which is held on in turn by the bottom pulley bolt with a thick washer. Make sure to torque that bolt on at 190lbs...

• 3 years later...

Hey guys, I have a 1991 LiteAce Turbo Diesel and have been having issues with it not restarting after driving it for a while.  Drove it up the freeway for about 20 minutes on a hot day, went into a store for a few minutes and when I came back out it wouldn't start.  Battery is fine.  It just clicks once and all the dash lights come on.  Let it sit for 20-30 and it starts right back up.  I've had a mechanic check the starter and he says its fine.  Any ideas or thoughts?  Thanks so much in advance for any advice!  -Stephan

• 2 years later...

Why does the water after cooling the engine does not return to the water container? Anyone can answer me pls?

It's just an expansion tank, the system is pressurized when it gets hot the water expands and flows into the tank as the system cools it returns to the system, it does not constantly refill

• 6 months later...

Stephan, did you ever figure out your hot start issue?  It sounds similar to an issue I have had with a starter solenoid before...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links