Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Show Us Your Wheels...

aaronfife

Hey folks,

I thought it's about time a thread should be created to show off everyone's wheels. (There might be one or two in the past but nothing seemed to come to much.)

Post a picture, specify the dimensions to help people (like me) and any suspension upgrades to compliment the wheels you chose. This helps us all out when buying wheels for the IQ.

I shall get the ball rolling...

Eibach Pro Kit Lowering Springs (25/30mm), Standard Wheels (175/65/15. 5.5 width.)

2012-08-30171217_zpsafe64250.jpg

After_zps430d271c.jpg

Following to a recent crash on the forum, I have been in touch with the Moderator(s) and information has been lost on this particular thread :no: Nothing to do with the hosts or me, so get posting again folks :)

Yeah, Read about that earlier. at first I figured I'd found a time hole and gone back in time a week, :)

Here is my iQ3 with the standard 16" wheels and 175/60 16 tyres.

Craig.

IMG_2859.jpg

I have a set of 17" OZ Racing F1 wheels in the garage waiting to be refurbished and fitted with 205/45 17 tyres. Proper tyres too, not horrible Mini runflat types.

post-116364-0-86995200-1385652819_thumb.

• Like 1

Very nice, they should great! My new hoops should be here next few days too :)

Damn... car was gone.... :-/

Winter-wheels: ...

DSC_0593_zpsfe46a72c.jpg

Summer-wheels: ...

DSC00347.jpg

• Like 1

Calibre Pro 7 wearing 205/45/17 tyres.

DSCF2535.jpg

DSCF2532.jpg

• Like 2

Any ideas where I would get cool alloy wheels and wind deflectors for my iq, would love to know where to get an exhaust pipe, skirt and spoiler other than going to Toyota themselves to pay the full price, any reply would be appreciated, thanks

Is yours lowered mark?

Yes, Eibach springs 25mm front/30mm rear.

Any ideas where I would get cool alloy wheels and wind deflectors for my iq, would love to know where to get an exhaust pipe, skirt and spoiler other than going to Toyota themselves to pay the full price, any reply would be appreciated, thanks

Try Wheelbase for wheels and Toyota for wind deflectors, they are good quality and not too expensive. If you want full exhaust, do Demon Tweaks have a branch near by? That is where I went for a full cat back system.

Got delivery of my new wheel this mornings. Borbet LV4's, 4x100, 205-45-17 with a precise offset of ET44. Toke a while to find wheels that fit flush with the IQ but I'm quite chuffed with these.

photo4_zps29ec1919.jpg

photo31_zpsa9c8a0ba.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good Aaron, very nice.

My back wheels are flush with my arches, the front are inset by about 6mm. I have thought about spacers, but thought I'd get more muck thrown up the sides and down the doors so have left it

Thanks man, I really like the way yours look hence opting for a darker colour to contrast the Pearlescent White!

• Like 1

Thanks man, I really like the way yours look hence opting for a darker colour to contrast the Pearlescent White!

Have you driven it yet Aaron with the new wheels and what tyre do you have?

Just curious if you find the tyres grippier, ride bumpier, noiser Etc. ?

Craig.

Have you driven it yet Aaron with the new wheels and what tyre do you have?

Just curious if you find the tyres grippier, ride bumpier, noiser Etc. ?

Craig.

I'm going out shortly so will report back. I went down the road and back when I fitted them, seems to handle bit better in terms of control, more stable and feels safer.

Tyres are Mazzini Eco 605's. There more budget related tyres than the big branded tyres but have a wet grip rating 'C' and fuel consumption 'C'. Most performance tyres I looked at are nowhere near this rating plus I simply couldn't afford the premium price for performance tyres. They will be tested today and I shall report back :-)

Be good to hear what you think.

Have been playing with my OZ wheels today getting them ready for the refurbishment. Took the old weights off, checked the new wheel nuts I bought and checked the spigot rings are correct and good news is, they all fit. :)

I took a look at the markings on the wheels too and mine are 7" x 17" and have an offset of ET42 so pretty close to yours.

I am thinking of Toyo T1-R tyres myself as I have them fitted to my Cobra and have tried them on other cars too and never been disappointed.

I went out the other night to pick someone up from the local train station and it was a damp night, not raining though and only about 8°c. I was wheel spinning everywhere and I wasn't driving particularly silly. At first I thought the engine was struggling and maybe misfiring but then I realised it was the traction control reducing the power to stop the wheels spinning. Interesting night and made me realise how little grip I have with the current tyres in the cold. :dontgetit:

Craig.

• Like 1

It's that greasy film that seems to be surfacing the roads here.. Just always damp everyday recently. Not warm enough to dry probably and it can be interesting to drive in! I had T1-R's on my last car and in the dry they were fantastic but not too brilliant in the wet. But to be honest tyres are completely personal taste, best tyres I've ever had are Contential Contact 3's, but cost the earth!!

Today went well in these new tyres I have on, very grippy, and so far have nothing bad to report. Keep the thread posted when you put the wheels on Craig :)

• Like 1

Just won a set of OZ centre caps on eBay too so I think I now have everything I need, except valves and tyres off course.

I will keep you all posted when I finally get around to fitting them next year. I am watching the spending at the moment as January the 15th is the day the final payment is made to Toyota finance then the car is all mine. :D

Off course the monthly payments will then stop so hopefully I can afford the tyres just before the current ones wear out completely.

Craig.

• Like 2

Well, Did bit of a strange thing today and brought some new tyres. Not what you might expect though....

I'm in a situation where the tyres I have on the car are getting low, one of them is nearly on the wear bars and I have an MOT in January. I can't really afford to replace the worn out tyres, (remember the iQ3 tyre size is pretty odd and only 2 or 3 choices out there) then replace them all again with the 17" wheels and tyres a few months later.

So I was thinking what to do then I thought, Winter tyres, so I had a look on eBay and found that winter tyres in the standard 175/60 16 size are not so hard to find.

Anyway, I've found a set of four Dunlop SP winter sport tyres, part worn, 7mm of tread remaining for only £100 so thought I'd get them fitted to my existing wheels, use them through the winter and get through my MOT on them then replace them with nice new 17" wheels and tyres for the summer months.

Luckily I have room to store them so a good clean up before wrapping them up in the garage when they are not used shouldn't be too much of a pain.

Has anyone else thought about or tried winter tyres?

Craig.

• Like 1

Thought about it for my iQ2 before the reactionaries start to get influenced by the coming snow/ice/frost on Friday. :euro:

@craggle

if you ever decide to sell you 16" IQ3 wheels let me know.

have an IQ2 and don't really like the standard wheels so bought some 16" TTE wheels which looked great until the wife curbed them and then moaned about the deterioration in ride quality :dontgetit:

to keep on topic these are the TTE referred to!

IMAG0278.jpg

• Like 2