Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Gearbox Is Best In 4X4s?

sankul

Which gearbox is best in newer landcruiser/rav4/prados?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Which gearbox is best in newer landcruiser/rav4/prados?

• Automatic
    • Manual

You have given 6 possible choices but only 2 boxes to tick :help:

FOR TRUE CROSS COUNTRY OFF ROAD DRIVING, IT HAS TO BE A MANUAL

fact!!

Replying to which gearbox is best.

I am an ex-pat. living in Spain. When holidaying here in the past, with hire cars, I got a bit fed up with trying to change gear with the door knob!

So, when I ordered my brand spanking new RAV 4 ( Quatro SOL in Spain) I chose auto. Although my off-road work is mainly at the local supermarket, I am thoroughly satisfied with the gearbox. It is totally obedient and has the feel of a far more expensive luxury car.

It is the 3 door version, in metallic green.

I have only covered 2,000 km. so far, so I guess time will tell the whole story.

Nice pictures of your car Kenny.

Tell me, have you got parking sensors fitted. If so, do they work OK, being that far apart.

The reason I ask, is that I have bought a two sensor kit and onemember was kind enough to show his fitted. They were just above the rear fog lights but yours are further away.

I would appreciate your comments.

ravster

Nice pictures of your car Kenny.

Tell me, have you got parking sensors fitted. If so, do they work OK, being that far apart.

The reason I ask, is that I have bought a two sensor kit and one member was kind enough to show his fitted. They were just above the rear fog lights but yours are further away.

I would appreciate your comments.

ravster

Hi ravster,

Thanx for the comments about the Rav4. :D

My parking sensors were from Toyota accessories and they decided where to put it. The sensors are located quite far away, leaving the middle exposed. For normal street parking or in car parks, you have to look out for the middle so you dont crash into some pole or something.

But because i park it into a garage (quite tight one), it is useful as it detects whether or not i'm gonna hit into the wall or not :thumbsup:

Hope that helps :D

Kenny!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links