Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nightbreakers

Yelramp

Lots of members seem to have changed to nightbreakers recently. Are they really so good and

is it straightforward enough to change the bulbs on a 4.2?

Many thanks.

Amazon has been the cheapest place to buy in recent times. (£18-£20 a pair for your Rav) I have night breaker plus fitted, you do notice a difference, particularly on badly lit roads, the light is much 'cleaner'. Fitting is very straightforward.

Just be aware that on Amazon three versions are currently on sale - the Nightbreaker Plus +90%, the Gold edition (which is no better), and the later version the Nightbreaker Unlimited +110%. So if you're buying from Amazon, be specific when searching (ie Nightbreaker Unlimited).

• Like 1

I bought a pair of nightbreaker plus off Amazon for £12.20 ! Took no time at all to fit , not much better than the ones they replaced but when I looked carefully they were Osram bulbs also , so possibly nightbreakers as well !!!

Osram Nightbreakers - which version?

The Nightbreakers are an excellent lamp, but it seems there's a good deal of marketing hype, by both the manufacturer and various sellers.

If you take a look at this information from Osram

http://www.osram.com/osram_com/products/lamps/automotive-lamps/automotive-cars/halogen-headlight-lamps-for-cars/index.jsp

you'll see that there are many variations on the Nightbreaker (and similar) theme, eg Nightbreaker Unlimited, Osram Original Line, and Osram Ultra Life.

All are rated at 12v 55W nominal, and all have the same level of light output - 1550 lumens.

The Nightbreakers are listed as having a service life of 150/300h.

Original Line ('OEM') are 3200K (no coloured coating), but a life of 400/650h.

Ultra Life are also 3200K (also no coloured coating), but a life of 1200/2000h.

Unlimited are listed as 3400K, but this appears to be down to the partial blue coating, and not the filament being over-run to a higher colour temperature.

You might like to take this information into account when shopping around and comparing prices, or if service life is important. It's also possible that some retailers are still offering previous versions of the Nightbreaker lamp.

Elsewhere you can find a Nightbreaker "Limited Edition", boasting a gold cap and gold-plated contacts. Definitely one for those with burning wallets and sound systems to match...

Chris

• Like 1

I increased the light output of my headlights this evening by 50% at no charge - I washed the lenses. It's surprising how a light coating of dried on road spray can reduce headlight effectiveness.

Some garages still put out a bucket and sponge or squeegee but they are becoming rarer.

• Like 2

My nightbreakers unlimited arrived today after I had to return the first ones after some mix up theyd sent me the H1s in error.

As per the handbook the dipped lights (also sometimes referred to as sidelights) should be H11s.

Anyone ordering these make sure to stipulate you want the H11s as some suppliers don't seem to sure.

I bought a pair of nightbreaker plus off Amazon for £12.20 ! Took no time at all to fit , not much better than the ones they replaced but when I looked carefully they were Osram bulbs also , so possibly nightbreakers as well !!!

Aye Jase min........must have been upgraded Ozzies of some kind for there to be no discernible dirrifence min.

Kev ,,, always thought the headlights were good but hadn't had any reason to check the bulbs in the twelve months I've had the car ! So didn't realize they were already Osrams !

Found HUGE difference between Nightbreakers and standard bulbs, both on Rav & Hippo. Well worth £12.49 at Europarts click and collect, you'll have a branch near you

Do none of our Ravs have zenons ? I know of course my car doesn't as I too fitted nightbreakers but surely the top models have zenons these days ?

Confused...........

Do none of our Ravs have zenons ? I know of course my car doesn't as I too fitted nightbreakers but surely the top models have zenons these days ?

Confused...........

No Charlie, not one model…..

Confused...........

Amazed !! Honestly thought the 4.4s had these as standard ! Another plus to the cars wearing the blue oval....

Confused...........

Amazed !! Honestly thought the 4.4s had these as standard ! Another plus to the cars wearing the blue oval....

Think I'm right in saying only the LC V8 has standard xenons.

Yep xenons, spare wheel and heated windscreen washers all missing off the 4.4.

Xenons are available in some other European countries (premier spec).

Must say blue oval is a tempting proposition. Not sure what the dealers are like.

My nightbreakers unlimited arrived today after I had to return the first ones after some mix up theyd sent me the H1s in error.

As per the handbook the dipped lights (also sometimes referred to as sidelights) should be H11s.

Anyone ordering these make sure to stipulate you want the H11s as some suppliers don't seem to sure.

My 4.2 owners manual has them listed as H4's (page 303) , could someone confirm this on a 4.2?

Yes Paul , I've just fitted some to mine , definitely H4's !!

• Like 1

Dave , do you work for Europarts ? Lol !!!!!

No Mate, Just a public service announcement!!!

• Like 1