Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris Hsd Best Wiper Blades

mark999

Hi All, I now have my dads Auris HSD, that he had from new. Right from the start he complained about the wipers smearing the screen. He wasn't wrong. Ive tried all sorts of glass cleaners and fairy liquid even on the Wiper Blades with no success.

Thinking of replacing the blades, the Toyota ones are very expensive. does anyone have any recomendations.

Thanks, Mark

Rather than replacing the Toyota blades, dealers also sell the rubber inserts - so you could retain the OE blades and just replace the rubbers. You could send Parts King a pm to get a price for the inserts. If you don't wish to do that, I've found the Bosch Aerotwin to be good.

• Like 1

I used to have a similar problem with an Astra I had from new. Two things worked for me, one using IPA (isopropyl alcohol I think it stands for - get it off eBay and you can dilute it down) plus switching my screen wash from Prestone which I found made the problem worse). Used this on my CT200h and both our other cars and never had problem since.

Right from the start he complained about the wipers smearing the screen. He wasn't wrong. Ive tried all sorts of glass cleaners and fairy liquid even on the wiper blades with no success.

My gen3 prius has starting doing that since it was serviced last week. Must be something they used to clean the car and/or something they put in the water. Wipers were fine before the service.

Hi thanks for your replies. What dilution did you use for the isopropanol. We should have some pure stuff at work.

Mark

Hi thanks for your replies. What dilution did you use for the isopropanol. We should have some pure stuff at work.

Mark

I usually do about 3 to 4 parts water to one of IPA, also does a brilliant job of the house windows and TV/ ipad etc,

Make your windscreen is nice and clean then fit some PIAA silicone wipers. They are pricey but are the best wipers I've ever used and, unlike other premium wipers, haven't degraded as the years have gone by.

Zero screech, will clear even light rain (Where most wipers smear like crazy) and as you use them, they will lay a film of silicone on the screen which acts like a self-renewing RainX layer. I once turned my wipers off in heavy rain on the motorway as a test and the rain just beaded off and allowing me still decent visibility (Obviously worse than with the wipers on tho'!). Awesome stuff :D

The film also helps in winter, reducing the wiper stick you get on freezing days.

Can't recommend them enough!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links